Clutch cable shaft removal?

Got questions? We got answers....
vinny

Clutch cable shaft removal?

Post by vinny »

Just a quick question guys. The guy at my local shop said I can remove the clutch cable shaft from the side cover without removing the cover. Is this right? I unhooked the cable and rotated the arm with a little pressure but it won't come out easily. Oh yeah its a 93 KDX200.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Why would you do that? You won't be able to put it back in that way....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
vinny

Post by vinny »

I don't know. Because he said I could. I guess I can't. I went for a ride Saturday and I noticed that there was oil coming from around the shaft seal so I reached down and there was a fair amount of play in the shaft so I am going to replace the bearings and seal. When I purchased them (had to order the bearings) the parts guy said I was lucky because I didn't have to pull the cover because the shaft would come out. I figured that if I removed the cable and rotated the arm back in the opposite direction that it may slide out concidering that it cannot do this in normal usage because of the cable being hooked up so there is NO fear of it doing this on the trail. It would seem reasonable to me to be able to do this. But I guess I can't. Thanks

Vinny
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The guy is a tard.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "