Endurocross in Salem, OR last night

Got questions? We got answers....
firffighter
Supporting Member

Endurocross in Salem, OR last night

Post by firffighter »

I went to the Endurocross in Salem, OR last night. What an awesome event! The course was set up amazing and many said they did a better job than the Vegas event this past year. Geoff Aaron and Ricky Dietrick were there, and it was a blast to watch these guys who have amazing control over their bikes. The best part was a local guy from my home town, Rory Sullivan, won the pro main.

If you get a chance to go to one of these events, go for it. I enjoyed it more that the Seattle supercross or Washougal motocross.
'
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

I agree! I went to the Denver round last year, and it was a blast! You can only enjoy so much jumping, turning and whoops. At any point during an Endurocross, there are crashes, almost-crashes, great passes and great recoveries. I'm seriously thinking of entering, just for the experience, if it comes to Denver again this year. It would be a hoot to make it through a few rounds with my (ancient) 2000 KDX220, and leave the license plate on it, and horn/brake light, for kicks!

--C.J.
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Yeah, during the amatuer events there was a guy on an older KTM who was wearing mechanic overalls, work boots, and a tool belt. He had his headlight running and had the license plate mounted. He was also took 2nd in the amatuer main. Come to find out, he is an old time trials rider.
'
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

Sweet. Maybe I'll work up a 'costume', just for kicks. Always embarassing to the other guys who take any form of competition WAY too seriously! I'm thinking Elvis....y'know 2 rounds in Las Vegas this year & all... :grin: :partyman: :supz: :lol:
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

Damn! I forgot about the EnduroX. I was planning on going too.
04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.