Scotts customer service?

Got questions? We got answers....
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Scotts customer service?

Post by wanaride »

I ordered a Scotts damper on their website about three weeks ago (8 March). I received an email order confirmation the same day, but I haven't heard anything else from them since, nor have I received the damper.

I sent them an email asking for an update...no reply. I tried calling their office...no one picked up. (My card hasn't been charged either.)

I imagine this is a busy time of year for them, but come on...has anyone else experienced this from Scotts?
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It is a busy time and they are made to order (the clamp). they have always been great to me. They won't charge your card until they ship... just the way they are.... :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Did you order the bolt on or weld on set up?

When I checked price and availability from my local shop the bolt on set up was back ordered...I think until May, if I remember correctly. My experience with Scott's has been :? . They have great products but they don't seem to care that much about the general public. From the shop I can always get an answer, but if I call as joe consumer??? Apparently they sell enough stuff that they feel that they can be somewhat lax on their customer service. That's not to say that they don't stand behind their stuff. Their stuff is great and they will stand behind what they sell.

Good luck and get to know one of your local shops. Those guys can walk a mile for you with some of this stuff...where you can only get 10 feet by yourself.

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

My last email from them: (It shipped on the 4th)

Dear Vincent,

Please call us regarding this. We should be able to help you get what you need.

Thank you,
Jake
Email "Jake (at) ScottsPerformance.com"
Phone 818-248-6747

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent A. Hengstberger [mailto:vince (at) woodsrider.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 6:12 PM
To: Counter Sales Staff
Subject: KDX, KX conversion
Importance: High

I need some help guys!

I've got a 95 Kawasaki KDX 200 that I recently put on a 03 Kawasaki KX 250 front end. I bought the stabilizer, bolt on kit for a computer for the KDX last year. It doesn't work with my conversion. The angle is wrong and the pin is too short by about ¾ to an inch. Will the KX bolt on kit work for this application?

Thanks,

Vincent Hengstberger
Last edited by Indawoods on 11:30 am Apr 01 2005, edited 1 time in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Sweet. I'm glad they took good care of you Inda. They are a great company with great products...I just haven't had the same luck dealing with them as you have. Maybe it's just timing?

Later
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'd try to call Jake and see what he has to say.... He is really a nice guy.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

I ordered the bolt-on kit. I checked with my local shops (Kawa dealer and Katoom dealer) and neither of them could order it; they recommended I go direct.

It's not like I'm waiting on the damper to go riding anyway...my arm is in a cast waiting for surgery!

Inda, thanks for the contact info, I'll ping Jake right away! Cool green side plates, by the way!
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

its always best to call and talk to someone. that way you will get an answer instead of waiting on an email that may not get read for weeks.
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F