HELP!! Save me from Pumpkin!!

Got questions? We got answers....
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Yeah, we're talking to a lady who wants to go 65+ in the desert on a KDX with the stock front end.

I think that mechanic may have a reason for not setting that bike up to sing on top.

Hang on tight!
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Hey! Awsome :supz: anuther chick on this site!
you don't happen to have a sister between 25 - 35 years old (open to a wider range if necessary :busted: ), single, that loves riding to, do you? :please:
PS: to all of the other (no good) single guys of this site: BACK OFF CUZ I asked 1st :twisted:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

:hmm:

I'm not sure which rare species of female is being referred to..but if it's the homo sapien type...is there a discussion of direction of twist of what component (complete with diagrams, pictures and notes) makes a bike go faster needed?

Just kidding. You may well be not the first 'rare species' that I couldn't keep up with if my life depended on it. And that wouldn't make you fast, neither! :wink:

Cereally...what you've read (you HAVE read, right?) about the carb mods from RB-Designs and his head reconfiguration (especially for the 220) are fact. You will think you have a different bike under yur derriere.

After you get your bike setup to actually run (ditch the 33mm carb, put on a rev profile pipe)...try a 5% (32oz in a 5gal. makeup) toluene mix if you want a bigger smile on your face.

You have some fun to look forward to.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:Yeah, we're talking to a lady who wants to go 65+ in the desert on a KDX with the stock front end.

I think that mechanic may have a reason for not setting that bike up to sing on top.

Hang on tight!
Oh I don't think we need any more whining about the stock forks and how supposedly dangerous they are in here :?

Go crawl back under your rock! :wink:

no need to be mussing the lady's thread all up with jibberish crap! :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
green_passion
Supporting Member

Post by green_passion »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:Yeah, we're talking to a lady who wants to go 65+ in the desert on a KDX with the stock front end.

Hang on tight!
:lol:

I *do* have KX forks on the way that I bought on Ebay.

Naw he's just dosen't want to put any more money into the bike. Instead he wants me to just *gasp* sell the KDX and get a YZ250. :roll:

I want to stay with green if I can.
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress; no matter how slow." - Plato

2002 KDX 220-LONG LIVE THE KING!!! :supz:
My Gallery—Clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Smart girl!

Always knew, somewhere out there, there was another smart one! :wink:

Dunescreaminmama is the other one! And a GREAT cook too boot!
Last edited by Mr. Wibbens on 04:42 pm Mar 11 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
green_passion
Supporting Member

Post by green_passion »

>|QBB<[/url]
scheckaet wrote:Hey! Awsome :supz: anuther chick on this site!
you don't happen to have a sister between 25 - 35 years old (open to a wider range if necessary :busted: ), single, that loves riding to, do you? :please:
PS: to all of the other (no good) single guys of this site: BACK OFF CUZ I asked 1st :twisted:

Naw, only three brothers. :partyman:
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress; no matter how slow." - Plato

2002 KDX 220-LONG LIVE THE KING!!! :supz:
My Gallery—Clicky!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Dang! :sad: Oh well t'was worth a shot :lol:
So have you decided on what to do next?
IMHO:
rev pipe
+ 200 carb and/or RB mod :prayer:
+ head mod :prayer:
+ well jetted
= :supz:
of course there's always the aditional USD conversion that'll give you at least 1-2 more HP :busted:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

And don't forget on of these!

((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Darn right!

It's dang near impossible to ride without a good manicure!!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

Heh.

About the clutch being pulled in and the stalling. Most of the time that comes from not changing the tranny oil enough. If I'm being lazy and not changing the oil every four rides or so, my bike does that too, if I change the oil - no problemo. Be sure to warm up the bike before you drain the oil. It also could be worn clutch, but I don't recall having such clutch problems even on my high-time clapped out KDX's, and I'm a clutch abuser.

My niece was a KDX200 rider and was expert women's class on it (cross-country D36).
She was pissed when her dad got her a CRF250X - heavier and less fun to ride. I also rode my KDX 220 a couple of times in the Virginia City GP. The short chassis and flexy forks are the drawbike in sand and when bouncing off of course rocks, but power is fine with a rev pipe and boyesen reeds. Those should run you less than 220 bucks or so and fix the sixth gear problem without having to do anything else.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
kawagumby wrote:Heh.

About the clutch being pulled in and the stalling. Most of the time that comes from not changing the tranny oil enough. If I'm being lazy and not changing the oil every four rides or so, my bike does that too, if I change the oil - no problemo.
I change mine once a season if I'm feeling nice (prolly why it burn up?)

Never experienced this though :?
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))