Front Axel Question.

Got questions? We got answers....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Front Axel Question.

Post by jafo »

I now have my front forks, a set of fork clamps, now I'm trying to get a front wheel and axle. I have about two hours on this auction for a 2000 front wheel and tire and no axle. I can get an axle off Bike Bandit for this wheel, but my question is will this wheel and axle work on my 97 Forks? What would be different between the two? Axle diameter? Somethingm else I'm not htinking of? I compaired the two years of axels on the Kaw site and they have different numbers but does that mean they are actuallu different, or just because they are different years? They appeared to have the same components. Help!!!

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hard to say there Jon.
I know a 01 is the same as a 03... but a 00 being the same as a 97? It could vary alot and unless you were getting the 00 dirt cheap... I'd opt to find a closer year or the exact year axle. A 125 should be the same as a 250's if that helps any....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

ok, theres and '97 front wheel with an axle but it's a few days away before it ends and it's looking like it's going to cost double of the 2000 wheel. But at least I know it will work hugh. Thanks for the reply.

Jon.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Check ronayers.com if you decide to buy a new one. They are a lot cheaper on expensive parts, cheaper on everything else.

If the part numbers are different, it may or may not work. Check the bearing code numbers to determine some degree of compatability or incompatability.

Part numbers do not change for year model changes. Some parts such as washers and bolts have been the same for 20+ years.

Good luck!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128