PICs of my offcentered wheel and speedo mount

Got questions? We got answers....
N8Strine

Post by N8Strine »

Actually sky thrasher might be on to something, I dont know if they are lined up with the tabs on the inside, the odo is completely unhooked, the cable is off, does it still have to go in the slots of the wheel? that might be the problem
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

Yes it does have to line up on the inside regardless if you are using the odo or not. You have the odo drive unit in the correct position. The cable input socket goes up not to the rear. That is why the tab is on the fork. The service manual on page 8-4 will confirm this as the correct position.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days
N8Strine

Post by N8Strine »

Wheel problem solved!!!!! I borrowed my friends front wheel and bolted that up to my forks and his was centered, so my wheel is just off center with the hub, so all that I need to do is get it pulled over to the one side.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Didn't this all start with lacing being called out as the culprit..in another thread, even, wasn't it?

:hmm:

I'll bet it's lacing. :wink:

Yes, the odo drive tabs must 'fit' to the hub slots. Although not specifically noted in the next to last post..that isn't the issue in this case.

Re: '..all that I need to do...'

It's not that easy. The spokes need to come completely loose. You will be much better off starting over (if you're doing the re-lace). Trying to 'fix' a bad lace job is generally considered to be a waste of time.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!