Need A Lil' Help

Got questions? We got answers....
DaBen

Need A Lil' Help

Post by DaBen »

I recently bought an '01 KDX220R for my wife. This is my first KDX and so far I have been taking care of some neglect issues cause by the previous owner. Now that the bike is ridable and running good my wife wants it to look cool. I have cleaned a bunch of stuff panted some stuff but she was graphics. It has FMF graphics for a KX on it now. I have looked a bunch of differant places and can't seem to find any KDX specific except OEM. I should add that I suck at serches online and ebay has been a bust for me for all the parts I have needed. If you could also post a pic or two of the graphics you have I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Ben
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Don't forget to change the piston. The 220s have had problems with the stock piston coming apart. I don't own one but have read enough about it on here to make me a believer.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Graphics for a KDX are scarce to say the least. Some are still available if you can find some new old stock somewhere...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
green_passion
Supporting Member

Post by green_passion »

It's tough to find graphics period. Just keep hunting on ebay. I found a pair of shrouds with aftermarket graphics but it took a lot of hunting.

Another option you may want to consider is custom graphics. They're pricey ($2-300.00) but it'll look cool. :)

Try here:

http://www.xgxracing.com/index2.html

or here:

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/4807/TR/13-9248
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress; no matter how slow." - Plato

2002 KDX 220-LONG LIVE THE KING!!! :supz:
My Gallery—Clicky!
pcoburn

Post by pcoburn »

Not sure about actual availability, but these guys have more choices for the KDX 200/220 than I've seen elsewhere (from XGX Racing) -

http://www.mxsouth.com/tank--shroud-gra ... wasaki.htm

EDIT: Didn't see the link to XGX on the prior post - can get them directly there too, looks like the same prices.
DaBen

Post by DaBen »

Another quick question. I bought an MSR rear disc guard and of coarse it came with no directions and I am not seeing anywhere to mount it on the caliper bracket. My DRZ was super easy to do but the caliper slide is alot thinner on the KDX. If somebody could post a pic of how they mounted theirs I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Ben