Amsoil question

Got questions? We got answers....
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I'm trying Interceptor @ 50:1

Bike feels peppier :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Finally burn up your 5yr old MX2T mix? :mrgreen: :wink:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:I am really only using Dominator because that's all I can find locally. Is there any advantage to the Interceptor?
. . . Personally, I find that running 32:1 gives me better performance. More oil will do that. Just ask Fuzzy. He told me, I checked it out and it's true . . .
I remember the question in another thread some time back. So did you run different gas/oil ratios and find 32:1 to give better "performance"? I remember the context of the previous thread was about power - is that the performance gain or are there other things?

Thanks for sharing . . .
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Wibs is speaking to throttle response most likely.

The more oil you use increases ring-seal thus creating more PEAK power.....Nothing to do w/ throttle response...Expect better throttle response w/ thinner mixes....Possibly. IMO, throttle response seriousely outweighs peak power in a woods situation. Now, riding in sand, etc I'd run 20-24:1, maybe more, and heavy castor blend too boot.....Only to immediately dump that fuel when home from that trip to the sand, and purge the friggin bean oil out. :mrgreen:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project