Tired of your Power Valves not working!!!??

Got questions? We got answers....
N8Strine

Tired of your Power Valves not working!!!??

Post by N8Strine »

I have had at least 3-4 Lever Comp-Governors, this is the part that opens your power valves up, and have a tendency to break. Here is one I had made up. This one wont break and go through the motor, I have had this happen before and it went through the transmission. Image
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Assuming the title 'Tired of...' means you are offering the fix for the problem...

Kind of a dangerous claim, isn't it? For you, I mean. When yours breaks (the only time I've heard of any problem with the piece is when the shaft is not supported on dis/reassembly), what then?

I'm more curious as to why you have had so many problems with the piece. Do you support the shaft when you wrench on the LHT nut on top?

Strictly speaking you didn't say you had 3-4 of them break..just that you had that many.

You're offering these for sale? With an inVINCEable insurance policy?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
N8Strine

Post by N8Strine »

I support the shaft when wrenching on it, the first time that happened I didnt but all the other times i did and I have had at least two break because of the powervalves being gummed up. No im not offering this part im just giving people an idea that one can be made up. The stock ones are very chinsey made out of cast.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Got it.

Ingenuity in action.

Good job!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

Sounds like its a Job for AMSOIL no more gummy valves even after two years of riding.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
N8Strine

Post by N8Strine »

Thats sounds like good oil. I was using ELF oil 40:1 when it broke I am now running spectro 50:1 and havent had any problems.
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

Make sure that Spectro is synthetic.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
N8Strine

Post by N8Strine »

I think it is 50/50 sythetic and reg. It is in the Black and Gold bottle. I haven't had any problems with it just a little carbon on the power valve flap. Thats the oil Fredette recomends.