Opening up the cockpit

Got questions? We got answers....
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

I put some stock YZF pegs I had laying around on my KDX.
Cut the barrel off, little work on the bench grinder and WaaaaaaaaahhhhhLaaaaaahhhhh new wide pegs and they're rear set a tad which works bettaaaaaa.

Best part, FREE!

04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

My GUTS seat is Tall/Firm. It is really night and day difference from stock. The transition to standing from sitting is much easier and it puts you up on the tank in a aggressive riding position. It is not as comfortable as the stock seat though.
'
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

I don't know why everyone calls thier Guts seat density "firm" here. According to Guts' site they come in soft, medium, or hard. Several Riders on ThumperTalk got the medium density. I think hard is like a KTM seat :shock: .
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

Put on my bar risers today:
The position is perfect now. I forgot who gave the bar mount to the previous owner (2001kdx) but the whole set up is more solid and made to fit :supz:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
DaBen

Post by DaBen »

If you feel the bars are too close there is the option of risers and differant bar bends. On my drz I have a riser that is 1.25" up and 1.5" forward. When that was installed it felt like a brand new bike and I had a ton more control and leverage over the bike.
DaBen

Post by DaBen »

Sorry some how I missed your picks guess I should read more
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

That Emig Racing solid mount comes from Kentucky!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:That Emig Racing solid mount comes from Kentucky!!
What do you have on your KDX now?
muddertrucker

Post by muddertrucker »

Does anyone know were to find a one pice top clamp that will fit a fat bar on a kdx?
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Gallery!
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
muddertrucker wrote:Does anyone know were to find a one pice top clamp that will fit a fat bar on a kdx?
Emig racing:
http://www.emigracing.com/
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|QBB|QBB<[/url]
Jeb wrote:That Emig Racing solid mount comes from Kentucky!!
What do you have on your KDX now?[/quote]

YZ forks with an Applied Racing top clamp . . . meaning the bar mounts are a tad wider apart . . . meaning I couldn't use what you now have!

"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:YZ forks with an Applied Racing top clamp . . . meaning the bar mounts are a tad wider apart . . . meaning I couldn't use what you now have!
Usd's are my next mod after seat foam, maybe the clamp and the .40 fork springs will be passed on again :wink:
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Yep, some southern folk sold me that bar mount for darn cheap! Helluva guy! :supz:
muddertrucker

Post by muddertrucker »

>|<>QBB<
Ondatrail wrote:>|<>QBB<
muddertrucker wrote:Does anyone know were to find a one pice top clamp that will fit a fat bar on a kdx?
Emig racing:
http://www.emigracing.com/
Is the bar in your pics a 1 1/8 ? If so could you do me a favor and mesure the dimension for the bolt holes (center to center). I have protapper bar mounts and want to make the top clamp will fit before ordering it.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Gallery!
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
muddertrucker wrote:Is the bar in your pics a 1 1/8 ? If so could you do me a favor and mesure the dimension for the bolt holes (center to center). I have protapper bar mounts and want to make the top clamp will fit before ordering it.
Sorry I can't help you I have 7/8.