Rear master cylinder (in relation to rear brake is sticking)

Got questions? We got answers....
cleoent

Rear master cylinder (in relation to rear brake is sticking)

Post by cleoent »

Ok, so i pulled the cylinder complete apart, the rubber orings and everything looks brand new as i suspected considering the mileage on the bike is extremely low.

This is a picture of my master cylinder. There are two holes, one for fluid to go out i presume, one for it to come in. The one for the fluid to come in looks really really small, is that normal? I'm sure it is i just want to make sure.

Here's a link to a small pic and a link to the full size.

full size

http://www.cleoent.com/forums/download.php?id=1787.jpg
1990 KDX200, 2007 KTM 200XC, 2004 TTR125L
cleoent

Post by cleoent »

I took everything apart, blew air into the master cylinder with my air comp, cleaned out the banjo bolt and wala everything is working :supz:

I also took one of my wife's sewing needles and poked the small hole to make sure it wasn't plugged

I was able to push the piston back in and i'll test everything for sure tomorrow at metcalf :supz: :twisted:
1990 KDX200, 2007 KTM 200XC, 2004 TTR125L
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Glad you got that solved. I wonder what was plugging it? Maybe something when it was built at the factory. More reason to do things like flush brake fluid on a brand new bike; who the hell knows what they put in there or if an artifact or foreign object got in there.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!