buying a pumpkin

Got questions? We got answers....
sluggo69

buying a pumpkin

Post by sluggo69 »

guys im going to go orange this weekend. i found a very clean nicely modded 07 300 xc within driving distance and im going to pick it up on saturday. im going to sell my kdx and my kx to pay for it. would 1800 be a good asking price for my 03kdx. it has all the typical mods including 03kx forks. also im going to remove my scotts damper and tower when i sell it. if anyone is interested in the scotts combo pm me with a reasonable offer.
03 kdx/kx200... my lil woods weapon
07 zuki ozark250...xmas present for my son
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

1800 would be the best possible IMO but I'm not sure how much more you should be getting with the conversion included.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Man, I just don't KNOW some of you guys any more..... Might as well have said you were gonna start lovin' boys this weekend.
Have you no shame at all? If you're gonna play with yurself like that, gettin' a punkin and all, then keep it to yourself. No one wants to have that mental picture... Ha!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

I recently joined KTMTalk.com so that I could try to solve the numerous problems our little KTM 50 has. What I discovered was that the big bikes are plagued with glitches also. I never really thought about it before, but there aren't really any design flaws or glitches on a KDX. The only one I can think of is the stock piston on a 220. They're really pretty good bikes.
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

I don't get it either. Sounds like you are set up nicely, one for the track and one for the trail why give up two for one?
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
saddletramp wrote:I don't get it either. Sounds like you are set up nicely, one for the track and one for the trail why give up two for one?
LUST and BLING :mrgreen:
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

all i can say is............GOOD LUCK ! and save your PENNYS; your going to need every last ONE when it comes time to buy parts. don't misunderstand me the KTMs are very nice bikes, BUT it's going to need a lot more TLC than your KDX ever did. it's like comparing a race horse to a good old trail horse;that race horse is going to need a lot of attenion and money to say on it's GAME !!(sorry for the horse analogy)....re; i'm selling my KDX and KX to PAY for it.........( :? ??????? :rolleyes: ????????? :? ) "LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR SAYING."..... :roll: OH WELL IT'S YOUR TIME & MONEY :roll: !!!!!

p.s just trying to save you from the DARK FORCE .......GOOD LUCK !!!!

p.s.s watch out for those notorious over heating problems on the KTMs
JUST RIDE !!!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I've owned two KTM's now, both 200's, and never had a problem with them, and that was after a lot of Northwest abuse. They are no more maintenance than any other bike. The high maintenance tag is just us KDX's trying to justify our cult like belief that any bike other than a KDX is blasphemy.

If I did not have a family to ride with, then I would have kept the KTM. Awesome performance, reliable and equipped with tons of high performance items. Each has its place. I love my KDX, but lets get real, the KTM's passed the KDX years ago when it comes to high performance 2-strokes. My .02 is the KTM is a true race bike that can be trail ridden, and the KDX is a true trail bike that can be raced.

You will be pleased with your choice.
'
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Ah, can't we all just ... have a little fun at someone else's expense. We're like the Maytag repairman around here. No wrenching to do (since we ride KDXes) so we just have a little fun in between rides. Occasionally someone will make a blasphemous comment.

I've always been curious about your name. Are you a "fire" fighter or maybe a "douglas fir" fighter? Maybe you are a "firf" fighter
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I am a firefighter in Portland, OR. When I was sworn in and got my first badge, instead of my name followed by "FIREFIGHTER/EMT", it stated "FIRFFIGHTER/EMT", along with my last name spelled incorrectly. My family had a good laugh at my expense, and proceeded to mark every gift for the next couple of years "FIRFFIGHTER". Being here in Oregon and riding tight trails, I do fight Doug Firs as well, my barkbusters can attest to it.

Bringing up KTM on this site can result in some fun debates for sure.
'
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I'll burn a candle at church praying for you poor lost soul tonight. going orange pukins???? Have you lost you mind??? :shock:
I hope you didn't anger the green god too much that your sool is beyond salvation :mrgreen:
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

My brother-in-law lives in Portland. He doesn't ride. He's just a liberal.
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Too many of those here for sure.
'
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I think you meant to say "He can't ride, he's just a liberal" :lol:
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
jc7622 wrote:I recently joined KTMTalk.com so that I could try to solve the numerous problems our little KTM 50 has. What I discovered was that the big bikes are plagued with glitches also. I never really thought about it before, but there aren't really any design flaws or glitches on a KDX. The only one I can think of is the stock piston on a 220. They're really pretty good bikes.
All bikes have issues. The KDX has significantly undersprung forks and awkward ergonomics..... I have heard of a wealth of problems with the katoom's however.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

yep but she has my devoted love noneless, cuz to me she is puuurfect, isn't that what it's all about on valentine's day :busted:
muddertrucker

Post by muddertrucker »

KTM makes great bike. I tried my budy's 300 and loved the power and suspension but that doesn't mean i'd trade my KDX for one....well not yet anyways.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Gallery!
AwfulSmokey

Post by AwfulSmokey »

I almost bought an 00 300 EXC before i jumped on my new KX 250. It seemed like a decent bike when i test drove it. Then again i am comparing every other bike to my 89 KDX 200 ( The only bike i have owned in the last 15 years )

Now that the KDX is basically a backup, i have been pushing it more than i did. It keeps surprising me.
1989 KDX 200
1999 KX 250
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I've had 7 bikes in the past 4 years looking for one that can handle all of the duties I demand of it. I've had KTM's, XR's, WR and KDX's. I came back to the KDX because it is the most versitile bike around. It can handle putting around with the kids, race harescrambles, Poker runs, Enduros, tackle difficult tight woods terrain, and even handle open desert. It is reliable, easy to ride, has tons of potential, and looks cool. :supz:
'
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

:partyman: I'LL DRINK TO THAT :partyman: ........couldn't said it better!!!
JUST RIDE !!!