WHAT STABLELIZERS ARE BEING USED

Got questions? We got answers....
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

re:
A btw...but please...don't double post pics. Absolutely no point to it. All it does is take up space and time. IMO and all...and of no import whatsoever....

Double posting?

ya mean like this?

>|QBB|QBB<[/url]
AZRickD wrote:For something completely different, I've not seen any, but Arizona has a company called RTT that sponsors our desert race series...

http://www.rttmotorsports.com/steering_stabilzers.htm

On the fly adjustment! Nice :supz:[/quote]

re: What about normal people?

Donut ya mean vertically challenged folk?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I'm 5'9 and I loved the tall mounts on the Gas Gas and KTM 250XC I rode. It let me stand up more comfortably. The Gasser also had Pivot Pegs. That made leaning forward very nice.

http://www.pivotpegz.net/

I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
sluggo69

scotts

Post by sluggo69 »

the scotts damper is a great tool. it helps with front end stability while riding in slippery mud or deep sand washes. and it also is great for helping with front end deflection from hitting roots and stumps.
03 kdx/kx200... my lil woods weapon
07 zuki ozark250...xmas present for my son
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I use to slow down and let the bike fall into ruts before I got the WER, 'cuz I knew I was gonna end up in the rut anyway

But now I can ride into the ruts and across them, no worries, if I let it. Just hard to do it mentally

See that rock up ahead? The one about the size of a football? Yeah that one! Look right at it. WHAM!! But without the crash. Thats all it took for me to be a believer

Naysayers can say whatever the F*&@ they want. I know mine works
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
green_passion
Supporting Member

Post by green_passion »

I just mounted a GPR to mine and *WOW* what a *HUGE* difference it made!! :shock: I now have to re-learn how to ride my bike again. :supz:
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress; no matter how slow." - Plato

2002 KDX 220-LONG LIVE THE KING!!! :supz:
My Gallery—Clicky!
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Yep, the submount raises the bar mount up to allow the stabilzer to mount below it. As far as handlebar height, if you switch to a low bend - I currently use ProTaper contours Universal low, then bar high is about the same. Besides most of the time I stand up and slightly higher bar heights is easier on my lower back.

I am only 5 ft 10 or so and this setup works good for me.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!