How to tell if pipe is FMF torque or rev

Got questions? We got answers....
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:That's got 'bogus' written all over it.

I've seen countless references to 'H' series bikes with an FmF Fatty..and it's no such thing.

It's akin to posters saying they have a 'Gnarly' profile pipe..and that term means nothing in regard to which profile they DO have.
I'll post a pic tomarrow.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Whatever pipe fits or doesn't fit what bike, I definately agree with whoever said to get your suspension and handling sorted out before upgrading the motor. I was able to open it up some this weekend and it scooted along a lot faster than it used to. I'm glad I had the KX forks on the front to help keep me in control.
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

Proof:

I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
jeopardy98

Post by jeopardy98 »

That's the same pipe I have on my 92.
2004 SV650N
1992 KDX200
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Proof? Of what? A Fatty on an 'H'? I said I'd seen such myself, and doesn't make other things I'd said about Fattys less true now than then.

:hmm:

...never mind....

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Onda, ya didn't prove anything....
Facts:
* The FMF fatty was made for "H" series bikes. This we've established, but Carvr claims there was only one version of the Fatty, just as with the "E" series fatty, unlike the k-35 "woods" and k-30 "desert" that the gnarly line offers.

I wonder if there's a way to prove one way or the other......

Would a picture of an H series Fatty with a -30 stamped on the tab, right alongside a picture of an H series Fatty with -35 do it?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The engineers at FMF were smoking a Fatty when they made pipes for the KDX! :mrgreen: Nothing is consistant.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:The engineers at FMF were smoking a Fatty when they made pipes for the KDX! :mrgreen: Nothing is consistant.....
:lol: :lol: That about sums it up :lol: