cost of stock forks...

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

cost of stock forks...

Post by motorhed220 »

hey i got stock forks for my kdx 220, its a 2005, they are barley used...how much should i ask guys???? i dont wanna be to cheap, or to expensive...any ideas???
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
johnkdx220
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by johnkdx220 »

For what its worth: I sold mine for $325 +s/h.... 3 years ago. They had about 400 miles.
KDX220 (RB'd, EFM Autoclutch, FMF Rev, KX front end... Crash proofed and crash tested tOO often !)
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

keep in mind, this is the forks, and the tree's, NO STEM, no bearings, no bar clips, just the tree's, the forks...THATS ALL!!! thanx ya'll.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I sold 2 sets to Fredette for $145 a set.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

I have a pair I need to sell. Fredette told me in an e-mail a couple months ago that he isn't really in the market for forks right now, or something to that effect. I have been keeping an eye on them on Ebay and a lot of times they don't get a single bid. It's a buyer's market for 95-06 KDX parts (on some parts anyway). Some do go for a decent price - like rear wheels.
johnkdx220
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by johnkdx220 »

Understood. 325 were for the forks only. Sold them to a nice guy in Australia who saw my ad on the other forum. I guess I was lucky. If they are "like new", I would ask $250 today. I read somewhere on this forum that FRP doesn't buy them anymore...
KDX220 (RB'd, EFM Autoclutch, FMF Rev, KX front end... Crash proofed and crash tested tOO often !)
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

When the season hits...they will be in demand and Fredette's stock will run low. He will buy them again...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

so ill throw him an email in say mayish???
garider

Post by garider »

What in the world does Fredette do with them?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Rebuild them and wait....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Wait for what? The most mundane answer I can think of is to wait for people's forks to break so he can sell them an affordable, rebuilt replacement pair.

My mind does wonder though. Maybe he is waiting for something else that involves government conspiricies, trade embargos, secret x-files or something else more spectacular.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's exactly it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****