REVLOC price reduced! $525 for new autoclutch!

Got questions? We got answers....
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

firffighter,....got a first name ???? please keep me informed on your order ,because if you get it for $525 then i'll be calling DAVE and asking whats up with the price differance ????? as it stands right now i'm leaning more towards the EFM; at least they have there price posted on there w/s REVLOC 'S w/s says call for PRICE.........(?????) :?
JUST RIDE !!!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I'll let you know.
'
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Just got off the phone with Revloc. $525 for clutch kit for KDX 220. No core charge.
'
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

If it were me, I'd jump on it, install it and report back to y'all. Someone send me a KDX and I'll get right on it!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I called Revloc...spoke with Dustin. He confirmed the $525 price..and that it is indeed a drop in assembly. I specifically asked about the gear on the basket, he said the Revloc comes with that piece.

He said they had a bunch of them...hence no exchange was required. He did mention machining their own baskets..did not specifically say the KDX unit was something they made (and I didn't specifically ask). It was more of a general 'We make our own, with the gear..' than it was directly related to the KDX setup.

I gotta jump on that quick like a monkey........

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I like me clutch! Arrrr..... :twisted:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Inda, I bet you're a member of the flat earth society too! Ha!!
Now get with the program there pilgrim!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I think I am going to hold out for another $100 drop in price... :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

Hey guys; heres more on the REVLOC saga - AGAIN i called and spoke to DAVE this morning (2-13) and AGAIN asked about the price on the KDX clutch and AGAIN he told me $725 and i told him that other people called and got a price of $525 and he told me that his guy DUSTIN quoted some wrong pricing.... the $525 is just the inner clutch pack NOT THE COMPLETE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY !!! the KDX needs that billet aluminum HUB (not included in the $525 price)that they specially machine for that unit ... REVLOC AUTOCLUTCH FOR THE KAWASAKI KDX .....$725.00
JUST RIDE !!!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Just call, ask for Dustin and buy it from him. He's the one committing to the full package for the $525 price.
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Oh yeah!!

Here's another one....

I just called...again. Dave answered the phone. Dustin is wrong.

Revloc has their clutches on sale, that part is true. The sale price for the out the door, no exchange unit for the KDX is...drum roll please:

$725!!

Dave didn't say anything about inner clutch packs being $525 (doesn't mean they aren't..I'm just saying he didn't say that to me)..just that some bike clutches were priced at $525...some weren't. The KDX is one of the 'weren't's.

He happened to mention, too, that they don't use the OEM clutch plates...but the XR400 plates in their KDX clutch. He mentioned that the KDX clutch was 'special' in that regard.

I use XR400 plates...doesn't everybody? :hmm: Maybe I'm special....

Dave said he overheard my conversation with Dustin from a few days back..and also that he'd JUST talked to Rick about it. He said Dustin is a young guy..doesn't know everything yet...was simply wrong.

At $525 I'd bite. At $725? No.

Consider the source

firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Those guys seem to be giving out all kinds of wrong information. When I originally talked to Dave, he said $525 out the door with the XR400 clutch pack included. Then, I talked to Dustin, he said $525 with everything but the clutch packs. :roll:

I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up now. I got excited when I originally called and got the $525 price, but now I am getting frustrated with all of this run around on prices and what is and is not included.

I may wait until they get things straightened out over there, or do the RB mods this year, and autoclutch next year.

Sorry I started the post without getting better info first.
'
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's not your fault. It's the companies employees lack of information and or training that is causing the issue.

Revloc needs to get their **** together.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Thanks Inda. Agreed.
'
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I think you did the site a favor there firfighter; getting people to talk about the autoclutch. I was under the impression that Revloc was stringing along KDX riders for years, saying they would release a clutch any week now, for years. At least it seems they are making one for the KDX now.

Carvr; I'd call 'em back and ask them to sell you one for the $525 price with the promise of a write up on the site where all the questions they've been getting are coming from. If they have some business sense, they'll sell one to you with the hopes your review will drum up more sales. It's ALWAYS worth the shot to ask. I'm always amazed how many as well as how much discount I get for just asking. Usually I ask if there's a government discount, government employee discount, etc. Even if the company normally doesn't, they will for me when I ask. Even Big-O tires gives me 15% when I ask for a discount.
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

firff- It's got nothing to do with anything you did you shouldn't of...or didn't do you should've.

You relayed information from the company...it wasn't hearsay or rumor. It is what you were told. Specifically.

It's their problem.

What 'better' info could you have gotten? Call them five times and play the averages of answers given? :wink: Maybe that would have gotten us a Revloc for the KDX for $547.632....

Doan worry 'bout it. You did Revloc a service by straightening them out..did Dustin a favor by learnin' him sumthin' (he should've already knowed). You did us KDXer's a favor by bringing up the whole shebang.

I WAS ready to try a complete swap for $525...and you burst THAT bubble..and I'll probably cry myseff to sleep over it tonight...but...don't worry 'bout it. I'll get over it. ...eventually.....

:cry:

ski: I understand the asking part..and that it works. I hate that kind'a stuff. I used to ride with a guy that did that ALL the time...EVERYwhere. We'd order a piece of pie..he'd say, 'I want the BIGGER piece of pie. My piece is going to be BIGGER than his is..right? I DO get the bigger one? I mean...I DESERVE the bigger piece, so make sure that's the one I get...'

and on and on and on.

'These gloves are $55? That's quite a bit. Any way you could sell them for less? I'm a school teacher...and we don't make much money you know. I spend all day teaching the little tykes up right so you can be proud of the lil munchkins..but $55 is sure a lot of money for a pair of gloves. I think I saw these over at Joes for $45. Did you see those? Same brand I think...so $55 is a LOT more money..

'Did I say I'm a school teacher?....

Criminey!

Consider the source

rick albert

Post by rick albert »

I THINK WE CAN PUT THIS ONE TO BED !!!! ALL AGREEEEE ??? :blink:
JUST RIDE !!!
dixie4

Post by dixie4 »

A old tread, But all I know is I Paid 525.00 and 15.00 for shipping and love the thing to deaf, they should come stock on the show room floor or as a option when you buy a new bike.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
dixie4 wrote:A old tread, But all I know is I Paid 525.00 and 15.00 for shipping and love the thing to deaf, they should come stock on the show room floor or as a option when you buy a new bike.
Not to be a total ass but....

I believe the term you are looking for is "love the thing to death"

:lol:

And they do come stock on the showroom floor, on a honda fifty :wink:
dixie4

Post by dixie4 »

I know, I think my silencer needs repacking I can"t HEAR A THING, Thanks for Paying Attention, It was late and trying to type to fast and I was trying to do short hand.