REVLOC price reduced! $525 for new autoclutch!

Got questions? We got answers....
firffighter
Supporting Member

REVLOC price reduced! $525 for new autoclutch!

Post by firffighter »

I know we have been talking about autoclutches on another thread, but I had to let you all know that Revloc has reduced their prices and now is selling their autoclutch for the KDX for $525!

You do not have to send in your old clutch basket. They simply send you a new clutch made of billet aluminum, complete, ready to install. No shims, no disassembly, just slap it in and go. These are not refurbished clutches, they are new. (sorry for the infomecial, but these sound great)

Give them a call and talk to Dave. Great guy who has a lot of good info.

I think I am going to order mine shortly.
'
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Minus plates I presume?

Are these units adjustable as is the EFM clutch? I'd guess that..wouldn't work too well to have a 'locked in' engagement point.

Consider...you can't BUY a billet housing anymore..unless you find some NOS someplace. Hinson quit making them, Fredette bought what he could get ahold of..and HE'S out of 'em now, too! A billet housing WITH NO GEAR was over $200 last year.

Oh..this Revloc comes WITH a gear, TOO? You're sure about that?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

CC,

Comes with plates. They use Honda steel plates.

They are adjustable. They come preset to engage at their tested specs.

Made from 7075-T6 billet aluminum.

Comes complete. Ready to install. You do not have to disassemble the unit to install.

Sounds pretty good for $525, and then I will sell you my stock clutch since I know you are such a autoclutch hater :wink:
'
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Wow...sounds like a great deal!

Let us know how you like it...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I will definitely give a write up when I get one. My bike is still in the middle of winter maintenance with parts lying around everywhere right now, so it could be a while.
'
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

If it's a bolt up setup for $525...I'll probably get one! Considering a basket (with gear), hub, flywheel, plates, and discs, I couldn't begin to buy just the parts for that much money.

I'm waiting to hear back from them myself.

BTW...you can't keep the manual clutch on the KDX. That part works if the OEM setup pushes from the INside. Like a YZ 'fer example.

Consider the source

firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Yeah, Dave mentioned no manual clutch use for that reason, and it is a bolt up setup. If you look on thumpertalk, do a search for Revloc, then look at the KLX450 post, there is a great picture of the before and after install.

I called the non-toll free number and talked to Dave. They are pretty bad about answering that toll free number or returning emails. I also would suggest ordering it over the phone because some others have stated slow response when ordering on line. Dave told me a 5-10 day turnaround after ordering. Shipping also around $10-$15.
'
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That is a great deal!!
Garry at EFM isn't going to be happy about that.
Consider Garry though for getting a hand operated rear brake. With no clutch lever, you can put your rear brake up there. I think it's one of the best things going. Much like riding/braking on a mountain bike. Plus you can take your feet off both/either pegs and still brake.

Plus, if you stall on a hill, there's no engine to rear wheel transmission locking up to hold you. If your front brake isn't enough to hold the hill, you slide. It's hard to start an autoclutch bike on a hill: How do you hold the front brake, hold the rear brake and kickstart? You can't. But if you have a hand operated rear brake, you can hold front and rear brake and still kick the bike over, in gear, and blast out of there.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

How much for the hand operated rear brake setup?

Sure will be strange to not have that clutch lever to grab for. Maybe I should put some miles on the autoclutch first before I put on the hand operated rear brake. I could see myself grabbing for the clutch and putting myself into a nice skid instead.
'
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I'm still a doubting thomas.

Where do they get the gears from? They aren't even available from Kaw..they come as part of their OEM basket.

Can't CNC them with the basket. Who would want aluminium gears anyway? :shock:

If you get one..take some pics of the backside..post 'em with a description, maybe.

I'd like to see that.

Revloc advertises rear brake setups. Only another couple hundred bucks..plus.

Consider the source

kdennan

Post by kdennan »

This is awesome! I swear I just logged on to ask if anyone had a Revloc.... $525?! Do you think the price has gone down because he is about to stop making them? I really can't get one till spring cause I just spent that on some new xc skis.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
firffighter wrote:How much for the hand operated rear brake setup?

Sure will be strange to not have that clutch lever to grab for. Maybe I should put some miles on the autoclutch first before I put on the hand operated rear brake. I could see myself grabbing for the clutch and putting myself into a nice skid instead.
That's how I learned to do stoppies!! Ha!!

It took just about an hour's worth of trail riding for my muscles to not grab that lever as a clutch and start grabbing it as a brake. I'd say do the clutch first, then migrate to the brake. It's a maguire master cyl that works with brake fluid. Other hydraulic clutch levers won't do; they use mineral oil. It includes a custom made stainless steel braided brake line. Be sure to ask for the shorty lever if you use bark busters. That is important.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

so I just checked out EFM site and it says $500
yeehaw.
Does it come with plates and all, just like a Revloc?
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

CC,

Give Dave a call at Revloc. He is extremely helpful, and may be able to talk you into one. You know you want one.

They did not mention whether or not they are discontinuing them for the KDX, but did mention that they are not a very popular selling model. I think I may order mine next week.
'
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

Hey guys; just remember what i told you what fredette said about the
REVLOC clutch !!!!!!! CALL FREDETTE FIRST before ordering a REVLOC...........thanks for reading :butthead:
JUST RIDE !!!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
kdennan wrote:so I just checked out EFM site and it says $500
yeehaw.
Does it come with plates and all, just like a Revloc?
With EFM you send in your entire clutch including your plates and Garry modifies it into an auto clutch. That's a lot different than Revlok. I don't know anyone with a KDX revloc. I do know the EFM is bulletproof. If my bud's KX500 couldn't damage it, then a KDX won't either.
Jerry

kdennan

Post by kdennan »

I'll give EFM a call. Like that they support the Vets.
God Bless the good ole' USA!
johnkdx220
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by johnkdx220 »

I do know the EFM is bulletproof
I agree with that! I have been abusing the EFM for the last two years (harescrambles, mx tracks... you name it). All the clutch plates are still well within original specs.
KDX220 (RB'd, EFM Autoclutch, FMF Rev, KX front end... Crash proofed and crash tested tOO often !)
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Did not mean to start a EFM vs. Revloc war. I just wanted to share that Revloc has lowered their prices, and that they are ready to go when shipped.

I have read every thread and post on 4 different sites concering the EFM and Revloc and have talked to both on the phone. I really dont think you can go wrong either way.

Both are great units and have been around long enough to have all the bugs worked out. Revloc has been around longer. I remember when many of us were over on dirtrider and the guys who had autoclutches years ago on their KDX's were running Revloc because there was nothing else.

Anyway, cant wait to get mine.
'
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

johnkdx220 wrote:
I agree with that! I have been abusing the EFM for the last two years (harescrambles, mx tracks... you name it). All the clutch plates are still well within original specs.

johnkdx220 I have a question for you about the 200 w/auto clutch since your running one.

I have ridden my friends 450 Honda w/ a (?) Revloc auto clutch, great. Now the 450 has the power and ability to pull the front end at will with a simple twist of the throttle.

My question is, there are time you "have" to get the front end up so how is it with the 200 and you have to get the front wheel in the air without a snap of the clutch? The 200 doesn't ooze horsepower and many time I've needed the clutch either to slip to keep the rev's up or to lift the front wheel at the last min to clear a large rock/log/bank etc.

Give me some low down in those situation.

Thanks

(sorry for the off topic)
04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.