REVLOC price reduced! $525 for new autoclutch!

Got questions? We got answers....
johnkdx220
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by johnkdx220 »

MXOldtimer; I ride mostly technical stuff...1st to 3rd gear. In those trails, I have no problem lifting the front wheel. The EFM is now well tuned-in and does a GREAT job in highly techical stuff. Crossing loarge rock/log/bank is easier and, most importantly, give me the confidence to attack any terrain.

To answer your question, I will admit that without the clutch lever, lofting the front wheel at "high" speed is not as easy as before. I am confident that the RB mods (carb and head) will fix that and give me the extra Umpfff I am looking for on grass tracks and open trails.

I have a 220 and never riden a 200. Not sure we can really compare.

PS to firffighter: I didn't want to put oil on the fire! Just wanted to concure with skipro3 that the EFM is reliable. I cannot speak for or against the Revloc. $525 ready to install... Yep, its certainly a bargain
KDX220 (RB'd, EFM Autoclutch, FMF Rev, KX front end... Crash proofed and crash tested tOO often !)
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I just want to know how the KDX works with an autoclutch!

If I remember right Ski had some issues with it kicking in and out allot! And then he went to a KX.

Hell... A Mini Trail 50 has an autoclutch and it worked great!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I didn't have a problem at all with the auto clutch. It does work and that means you can hear it work, i.e. slipping. I usually ride a gear taller because I like to lug around, then the auto clutch will do it's job and slip even more often. The auto clutch can make me a little lazy too. With the 250, I just leave the bike in 3rd gear and never shift unless I come to a complete stop. Just let the auto clutch take over. I got the 250 BUT I did keep the KDX as well. When I lost them both, I replaced the 250 first mainly because it was the better bargain; not so many hop-ups to get 'er back on the trail and all; suspension, carb, reeds, head, etc. Basically, I've just put the auto clutch on the 250 and rode it. One thing about the 250; if not for the auto clutch, I never would have gotten one for the woods. When I first bought a 250, I rode it about a dozen times in the woods and kept stalling, crashing, etc. I gave the auto clutch on it a try since I liked it so much on my KDX. That saved it from being sold. I bought the 250 because the KDX was just not fast enough in the areas I was riding and with the guys I was riding with. If it was just me, I'd have stayed with the KDX, but my riding buddies were always waiting for me at trail junctions. KDX is fast in the corners, and real tights, but I kept steadily loosing ground on the straights. Link together a hundred little straights where I would fall behind just a tad on each one, and I'm back there a ways after a bit.

I don't know about the revloc, but I do know that EFM autoclutch will allow me to ride longer, harder, faster, crash less and enjoy my riding experiance more than not having it.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Thanks Ski! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Is johnkdx220 the 220 rider that has the 200 answers?

Throttle control (fork compression) + weight shift + maybe even some pull..surely between the three or maybe all three gets your 200 wheel up anytime you want it to, doesn't it?

I've ridden a CRF450. Seemed to me the thing had the front end in the air without any will involved whatsoever. :wink:

This is me buttin' out now, boss.......... :neutral:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
johnkdx220
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by johnkdx220 »

CC asks
Is johnkdx220 the 220 rider that has the 200 answers?

Of course not, that's why I previously wrote:
I have a 220 and never riden a 200. Not sure we can really compare

Is CC the 200 rider with the autoclutch answers? Does he have one???

What's your point CC?
KDX220 (RB'd, EFM Autoclutch, FMF Rev, KX front end... Crash proofed and crash tested tOO often !)
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

:lol:

I was waiting for that. Now I can go get something done today. Even though it's snowing here again..........
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

My point is the same as I've made over and over...

Why look at the bottom of page one, reply to a post at the bottom of that page, only to have it posted at the END of the thread...which ain't page one??

:hmm:

That is my point.

Not a good one...but my point nonetheless.

:wink:

Re: 'Is CC the 200 rider with the autoclutch answers? Does he have one???'

Yes on the first, no on the second, and always on the third.

Again, not necessarily a good one, but one nonetheless..summore.

We all on the same page now? :roll:

Cheers!

Consider the source

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

:lol:
Nothing tops this site that is on TV today and it's still snowing.
Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I wish it was snowing

Just steady drizzle here

Wish it would dry up some so you can get your arse up here

Without trying an autoclutch, there's just too many negatives, in my mind, of the whole thing for me
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

It is yet another balmy and clear day here in central California...people riding motorcycles in the hills, birds singing, squirrels chittering away....
But today I'm staying home to learn some new guitar licks. Autoclutch? heresy.
I mean, yes, you could probably do less work in certain situations, but what's next? An on-board computer to keep the rear tire from skidding if you over-brake? A cruise-control for the throttle? If you really want to make it easier, why not just set up the bike for remote control. When it crashes you can say how safe the thing is and how everyone else should do it. Very west-coastish, IMO.

No, there will be NO autoclutch in Kawagumby's garage anytime soon. Here, even in a land where tofu has replaced red meat and sound laws are strictly enforced (off-road anyways)...... testosterone has not yet become just another word of shame. :wink:
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Think I'd rather contend with the snow and rain than live in the Republic of Californy!
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Without trying an autoclutch, there's just too many negatives, in my mind, of the whole thing for me
What negatives do you speak of? I'll let you try my bike when we meet up, but mine being a KX250, I'm afraid you will hurt yourself with all the massive power you are not used to. :butthead:
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Yeah. Look what it's done to you!

....been snowin' most of the day here.........

Consider the source

Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

We had snow with lightning last night. What does that have to do with an auto clutch? Well, I hear auto clutches make it easier to ride in lightning.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Negatives

+$500 for starters, thats more than half what I paid for my bike!

I don't like the idea of not being able to use the motors compression while going down steep ****

No bump starting ??

stalling on a hill, bike goes into free wheel mode ??

The hand operated rear brake would be neat though

I like to run my bike in a higher gear than normal, and sometimes I need to grab some clutch to loft the front end to get over an obstacle. Not sure how well thats gonna work when there aint no clutch there ??

Then other times, since I'm always lugging it, I need to feather the clutch just to clean things out
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Negatives

+$500 for starters, thats more than half what I paid for my bike!

I don't like the idea of not being able to use the motors compression while going down steep ****

No bump starting ??

stalling on a hill, bike goes into free wheel mode ??

The hand operated rear brake would be neat though

I like to run my bike in a higher gear than normal, and sometimes I need to grab some clutch to loft the front end to get over an obstacle. Not sure how well thats gonna work when there aint no clutch there ??

Then other times, since I'm always lugging it, I need to feather the clutch just to clean things out

I knew a guy (AA rider) that ran one for awhile on his KTM. He said he would lose track of what gear he'd be in from time to time. He said he'd hit a berm, twist the throttle and get the dreaded BOG because of being in a higher gear.
04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I am torn at this point. I really like the idea of the autoclutch for the tight technical stuff. But, I wonder what the RB mods with a flywheel weight would give me in comparison? Choices, choices. If I could afford it, I would do the RB mods and then add the autoclutch, but I really cant do both. RB's with Flywheel weight would cost me about $300-$350. The Revloc is $525.
'
xagentman

Post by xagentman »

one this season and the other next! EUREKA!! :grin:
==05 KDX220R==
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

I like the idea of the revloc coming with better than OEM plates. I will have to ponder this till spring. :roll: