Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

To reiterate what's been stated, don't depend on the plug color. A few years back I bought a 4-stroke play bike (first mistake) and then followed the advice of a surely well-intentioned someone that wrote fluently but knew little (second mistake). I chased jetting around based on trying to obtain a "rich mocha" type color and wasted a bunch of time. Not only can the plug color not tell the whole story, the description of the color is too subjective.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
ga4boats

Post by ga4boats »

Very interesting post I have started. I have a 1999 KDX200 - a Gnarly Rev pipe on its way (replacing a stock pipe), and a Pro Circuit 304 Silencer. I am surprised there is not some applicable jetting that works. Maybe I gotten too used to the specs on my street bikes. Oh well. Thank you all for the great information.

Brent.
Ride hard and ride safe!
muddertrucker

Post by muddertrucker »

The oil is only there to lube up your engine. If you change your mix ratio you might get exactly the right color your looking for but it doesn't mean you engine will last long enough for you to enjoy the false understanding of proper jetting.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Gallery!