Aftermarket seat foam

Got questions? We got answers....
DirtDaddy
Supporting Member

Aftermarket seat foam

Post by DirtDaddy »

Looking for recommendations for replacement seat foam for the KDX. Any differences between Ceet and Guts Racing? Is one profile better than the other? I am looking for a bit more height and a bit firmer to help ward off the dreaded Monkey Butt. Thanks!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I think folks like the Guts Racing foam better because they offer more options.

I think the firm is KTM hard, the standard is firmer than stock and the soft is like stock.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

Indawoods has it on the noise for guts seat foam the standard is the way to go for ultimate comfort, get a gripper seat cover to. if you dont have a hight problem and are looking to get a seating position closer to the modern bikes get the tall foam it really allows you to get a better attack position and helps with cornering by letting you get transition faster.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
dejovi22

Post by dejovi22 »

Gust racing all the way. Call them and talk to them, they have few options and will recommend the best for you. I am very happy with my new seat (installed back in October '07).
Dejovi22
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Where in Nor Cal are you Dirt Daddy? Guts Racing is right near Placerville. I live about 5 miles away from there. If you are close, get the Guts, then drop by my place with a seat cover and I'll help you put it on. Then we can go for a ride!! ha!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
DirtDaddy
Supporting Member

Post by DirtDaddy »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Where in Nor Cal are you Dirt Daddy? Guts Racing is right near Placerville. I live about 5 miles away from there. If you are close, get the Guts, then drop by my place with a seat cover and I'll help you put it on. Then we can go for a ride!! ha!!!
Thanks for the info guys. I ordered a tall standard from Guts. I actually have one on my KLX400 and I am very happy with it.

Skipro, I am in McKinleyville, up on the north coast. A little too far to drive to pick up the seat foam! I have wondered if there is any good riding around your area though. I see that District 36 has an Enduro there in May I believe, so we might try to make it down there for that.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Sounds like you may be near m0rie. Speaking of which, where has he been? Haven't heard from him much as of late.

This spring lets go drop in on Carvr and Wib. They are up near Rouge River, OR.

May 4th is the Fools Gold Enduro. Lots of fun. Come on down and we'll check it out! I've got some good riding areas I've been finding this past year. Everything is buried in snow right now though. Even at my house we have snow; 1800ft elevation.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

C'mon up!! Over?

We'll invade the local environs with green machines.

Quartz Creek, Taylor Creek, Johns Peak, Prospect...strap on a paddle and we'll go to the dunes!!

...I'm takin' my couch over there.

I love the ride from Ferndale to Petrolia. Beautiful. Knocks your teeth loose and pains the kidneys...but it's beautiful.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!