Progress on my 92 200 with pics - finished for now

Got questions? We got answers....
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Ondatrail wrote:Depemds on your terrain, I bought IT (intermediate terrain) rear and it works well condidering its all soft here.
I'd get a closeout Dunlop 756:
http://www.frpoffroad.com/catalog/produ ... x?CatID=14
$45 :supz:
19" :?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:19" :?
Why if something is too good to be true it usually isn't. :roll:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
jeopardy98

Post by jeopardy98 »

Today was pretty productive. I spent about 4-5 more hours on the bike and I hope to have it ready to ride by the end of the month. I took the steering stem apart to replace the bearings.

I also got one of the forks seals and dust covers replaced but I couldn't get the impact to break the cartridge valve on the second leg. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this one apart without the special fork rod tool?

I repacked the muffler and reinstalled that on the bike as well. I also put on the new air filter, installed the new bearings in the swingarm and reinstalled the shock and the swingarm. The airbox is back in and I installed the new UFO rear fender I picked up off ebay. I just have to wire the bike now that I have the rectifier.

I'm taking the old rear wheel to my buddies tomorrow to put the tire on the new rim that I snagged. Good news is now I have a matched set of Excel rims :supz: The guy sold me the rim and rotor for $50. What a deal! I also need to finish that one other fork leg (suggestions?), scrub down the tank really well, replace the wheel bearings and seals, wire the bike for the headlight, install the headlight and reinstall the steering stem, and throw the wheels back on. I also need to pick up a set of rear pads because the ones I have are toasted. It seems like a lot left but I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel :mrgreen:

2004 SV650N
1992 KDX200
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Is your base valve just spinning or not turning at all?

If it is spinning it helps to leave the fork all together, as in the spring and cap.
Usually can break it loose that way
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
jeopardy98

Post by jeopardy98 »

It is spinning very slowly so I will try putting the spring back in with the cap and see if that works. Thanks for the suggestion.
2004 SV650N
1992 KDX200
jeopardy98

Post by jeopardy98 »

Okay, so I got the fork apart today and finished those up. I also got the front wheel installed but I have a problem so see my other thread about that. I replaced the steering stem bearings, and the front and rear wheel bearings today. I also installed the new bars, put on a new clutch perch and clutch lever and started installing the Tusk aluminum handguards. I also installed the new Fredette chain guard that I bought. I also replaced the front and rear sprockets and bought a new o-ring chain. As soon as I get the new rear tire mounted I'll be able to throw that on and I'll have a rolling chassis finally. That's a little backwards, I know.

I didn't get as far as I would have liked today mostly because I couldn't figure out the dang front wheel problem (see other thread) but I did get a good bit done.

From what I have determined I need to install the rear wheel, change the tranny oil, replace the brake fluid, install the seat and tank and put the plastics back on. I should be done after all that. I'm guessing one or two more weekends worth of work. Man am I ready to get out and ride this thing :mrgreen:

2004 SV650N
1992 KDX200
jeopardy98

Post by jeopardy98 »

Well today was the beginning of my spring break and we only had a half day so once the kids were gone I took off to my dad's to get working on the bike but before I did I ran home to get the camera and boy am I glad I did because my tires were sitting by the door waiting for me :supz:

I have one of my student's dad putting them on for me and hopefully that will happen in the morning. All I will have left to do once that is finished and the bike is rolling will be to change the tranny oil, bleed the brakes, and figure out a good way to get the headlight mounted up. I'm thinking of just going with that UFO Ray headlight that straps onto the forks. I think it will clean the front end up nicely. I can probably sell the stock one for close to what it will cost me.

So... I'm hoping to trail test this thing tomorrow assuming I can get the front wheel on correctly but I have an idea for that... :twisted:

Fredette chain guard:

New bars and handguards:

Almost there:

2004 SV650N
1992 KDX200
Gionix

Post by Gionix »

With a new seat cover this bike gonna looks better111 :partyman:
98 KDX200, Dyno Port Pipe, FMF Turbine Core II, Devol Radiator Guards. Pro-x Piston, N-Style Graphics and Seat Cover, Excel Rims.

My KDX Gallery: http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
jeopardy98

Post by jeopardy98 »

The new seat cover is on the way. It's just not here yet. I got the green and black with the gripper. I bought it off ebay so I'll let you all know how it works out.

I also got the tires mounted up today so the bike should be good to go by next Wednesday. I have to make a quick road trip to Alabama tomorrow and I won't be back until Tuesday evening. First thing Wednesday is for putting tires on, new chain, and gas in the tank. I can't wait.
2004 SV650N
1992 KDX200
Gionix

Post by Gionix »

Awesome... Upload the new pics soon!!!
98 KDX200, Dyno Port Pipe, FMF Turbine Core II, Devol Radiator Guards. Pro-x Piston, N-Style Graphics and Seat Cover, Excel Rims.

My KDX Gallery: http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
Mountainman650

Post by Mountainman650 »

Bikes lookin' good , should be as good as new when all finished.
So how much $$ has the rebuild set ya back , just curious??
I know all that little stuff adds up quick...I have a black/green gripper
seat cover, and it sure looks a world better than the old blue ones..
I tried to post a pic , but, I can't get it to load up from my comp.
Later
Dave
94' KDX 250
jeopardy98

Post by jeopardy98 »

The bike is finished for now. I have a new seat cover on the way and I'm still having some idle issues while in gear. I'm guessing it's the clutch basket but I'm really not keen on tearing this thing apart again right now so I'm rolling with it. The bike runs strong and pulls hard. It looks better then it did when I got it and it should be in good shape for a little while.

Huge thanks to anyone and everyone who helped along the way.
2004 SV650N
1992 KDX200
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Nice lot!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
StickyTeflon

Post by StickyTeflon »

Chain looks kinda loose there in the last pic??

Glad ya got it all back together.

Sean
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
StickyTeflon wrote:Chain looks kinda loose there in the last pic??

Glad ya got it all back together.

Sean
looks under the chain guard...
jeopardy98

Post by jeopardy98 »

Holy crap, I am an idiot. It IS under the chain guard. :blink:
2004 SV650N
1992 KDX200
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

:lol: I had the feeling it was :wink:
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

Might want to re-route your front brake line too.. Nice bike! :supz:
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
cleoent

Post by cleoent »

congrats :supz:
1990 KDX200, 2007 KTM 200XC, 2004 TTR125L
jeopardy98

Post by jeopardy98 »

>|<>QBB<
saddletramp wrote:Might want to re-route your front brake line too.. Nice bike! :supz:
Where should the front brake line be routed?
2004 SV650N
1992 KDX200