Winter project: Fun tearing my bike apart

Got questions? We got answers....
firffighter
Supporting Member

Winter project: Fun tearing my bike apart

Post by firffighter »

I've got my bike torn down ready to clean KIPS and put in my new Weisco piston. Things are very clean for a '97. Everything was stock including wheel bearing, brake pads and chain and sprockets all of which were completely done.

Carb was very clean inside and it has stock jetting 145 main, 42 pilot, and clip in #3 position. I moved the clip up to #2. I am going to run it with airlid removed, Boyesen reeds and PC pipe for a while before I do a RB carb and head mod. It may be just right for the riding I do.

Just got my Clarke tank, Guts seat and frame guards from Krazyinski with another package on the way with his skidplate, KX pegs, rad guards and mx rear fender.

Cant wait to get her all back together and take her out for a ride.

Winter sucks, but at least it gives folks an excuse to do the needed maintenance that otherwise would be neglected if we could be out riding instead.
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

KX pegs? What year and model KX pegs fit on the KDX? Are they bigger?
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Hey firfighter. Give me a shout this spring. We have talked before on this site when you got your KTM 200 instead.

I live in Newberg and ride in the Carlton Trask Nestucca riding area. We have over 200 acres of government land that has been mapped out for riding. Poker run every summer in August.

Let me know if you want to go riding in the spring. Pretty snowed in right now.

Only other place I have rode out recently is Jone Creek, Washougal area. That also gets closed in the winter too. Not sure.

My folks live in Damascus so I definately know where Boring is.

Steve Palmer

stevewr450f
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I am not sure what year KX footpegs they are. I am getting them from Krazyinski. They look maybe 3/8" wider then the stock KDX pegs. The IMS superstocks are about a 1/2" wider than stock.

Steve. We should definitely hook up for a ride when the weather clears. I rode with FlyinW last Spring over in your neck of the woods. Love that area.

Just cleanin my KIPS now and doing some touch-up painting on the frame.
'
paceyman
Supporting Member

Post by paceyman »

Shoot some pics and post them when you are done. Before/after would be great.
Paceyman
06 KDX200
08 KX65 - Son's
04 KTM 50SX - Daughter's
06 KTM 125SX - TBD
03 Honda CR85R - Son's
06 Polaris 300 Hawkeye - Wife's
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I should have taken a picture of when I first got the bike with the stock purple plastic and graphics. Everything is in a thousand pieces right now. Maybe a picture of it torn down and then put back together would be cool.

I got the KX pegs yesterday, and they are maybe a 1/8th inch wider than stock KDX'ers. I will probably go with IMS units instead.
'