Did Some Tinkering Today

Got questions? We got answers....
AwfulSmokey

Did Some Tinkering Today

Post by AwfulSmokey »

I got some power reeds in the mail yesterday and put them on this morning. I have been messing with jets for about 2 months now and still don't have it right.
It was suggested I order jets from Sudco by someone on here. I called them and they only sell large quantities, so they gave me their dealer Motorcyclecarbs.com . I ordered a CGK needle, 5 pilot jets and 2 main jets to complete my collection to properly tune. I have been waiting almost 5 weeks now. They never e-mailed me to let me know what is going on, even though they say the do. I e-mailed them and got a reply saying the needle and pilot jets were on backorder and i should expect them in 2 weeks. That was 3 weeks ago and they still haven't shipped. I would avoid these guys.

The reeds leaned the pilot jet a little to help my fat existing jet and i dropped one main jet size while i had it apart. Since beginning this carb tuning quest, I have been taking apart my bike and finding out what it has had done to it. The answer to that is astonishing... absolutely NOTHING. Everything about the bike has been stock ie jets, sprockets,pipe. I must admit i was shocked to find the stock reeds still inside, it's an 89!

This brings me to my question/point There really are people who buy bikes and do nothing but ride them :? What gives? Who wouldn't want to properly tune their machine to have it running it's best? I wonder if the bike had original gas/oil in it lol I guess i should be thinking about getting a new piston/rings now.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

This brings me to my question/point There really are people who buy bikes and do nothing but ride them What gives? Who wouldn't want to properly tune their machine to have it running it's best? I
Simple answer: ignorance.
I had a street legal 125 KDX when I was 18 (back in the days when the web was beginnig to be popular) and I never did anything to it (oil change and such were done by the dealer). If I had known what I know now, that would have been a real different story :roll:
But THANK GOD, I mean Inda, now we have a fantastic website for mods!!! :supz:
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

AwfulSmokey,

PM me if you don't have any luck on getting your jets and needle.

Ron