Camelback

Got questions? We got answers....
muddertrucker

Camelback

Post by muddertrucker »

I'm looking into changing mine and was wondering what everyone has and how they wear it. By "how" I mean under or over the chest protector. I was thinking also of getting one of the bigger ones to replace my fanny pack and have my tools and water in the same pack.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Gallery!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Your tools will rust and your water will not taste good. I'd advise against it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
muddertrucker

Post by muddertrucker »

Funny :lol: I mean with several compartments, water and blader in one tools in the other.
Gallery!
xagentman

Post by xagentman »

you might want to check out Was's review of the "cosco" camelback and i'm not just saying that because he is my dad... I happen to have one as well and its fantastic.

http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4645
==05 KDX220R==
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Oh... that's very different then... proceed! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
muddertrucker

Post by muddertrucker »

>|<>QBB<
xagentman wrote:you might want to check out Was's review of the "cosco" camelback and i'm not just saying that because he is my dad... I happen to have one as well and its fantastic.

http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4645
Do you have a picture of it? Dewey mentioned that his fit under his chest protector, is this where everyone wears their's because I find mine very uncomfortable there.
Gallery!
xagentman

Post by xagentman »

Looks like i have last years model but this is very close to what i have. I'm sure you can find it cheaper than here.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ ... Id=2346144

also, i wear it on the outside of my chest protector but, thats just me.
==05 KDX220R==
AtomicKDX

On top

Post by AtomicKDX »

I usually wear (and so do all the other riders I ride with) my Camelback on top of all the other gear ( kidney belt, armor, & jacket). That is, I put it on last after my riding jacket. This makes it easy to take off just to take a break and catch my breath. It'll collect dust and dirt, but water is still clean (I just spit out the first gulp which has dirt from mouth piece), and it really does clean up well after a ride.
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I put my camelback underneath my chest protector because there is this stupid hinge in the back that rubs into my spine if I have the camelback on the outside. I just put all my tools in a fanny pack and call it good. I prefer having most of my weight (tools) near my waist, it feels much better and I can ride better without the extra added weight up top.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I use this one from Rockymountain:

A.R.C. Mojave Hydration Pack 2 Liter Black/Blue
Regular: $48.99
Closeout price: $29.99
Part# 1161150002

I wear mine over my chest protector. This is the first pack that is comfortable to wear this way. It doesn't have a waist strap like my camelbak had, but I don't seem to miss it.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I've been using and buying Camelback brand for 10 - 15 years now

My fav is the M.U.L.E. It's just the right size for on the bike, has plenty of storage and holds 100 oz of water

I don't carry tools in mine, but I do carry my camera, pistol, flashlight, t.p., energy bars, Zippo & cloves, and most important an extra bite valve

And on the waste belt I carry my Gerber pack saw
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS