Fredette at ISDE'07

Got questions? We got answers....
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Fredette at ISDE'07

Post by wanaride »

This may be old news, but if I remember correctly, Jeff Fredette rode a KLX450R at the just completed ISDE in Chile.

Is this correct? If so, did he do that because he wanted to, or because Kawasaki "encouraged" him, or both?

I'm just curious about why the owner of a KDX-focused company wasn't riding a KDX at the ISDE (or at the Last Man Standing).
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

For Factory support he has to ride a current model bike.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

wanaride, you're slow, this is old news!

Just as Inda stated. If Kawa is going to support him, he needs to be on a bike they feel is most "competitive"
GS

Post by GS »

Or have that Freddetta fella ridin a bike that all the wannabes will want/need SO BAD that they'll run (not walk) down to the local Kawa store and snap their credit card down

.....Marketing.....ain't that what they call such notions? :rolleyes:
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I didn't think he was ever on any Kawi support...

I remember hearing him say that he honestly liked the KLX more than his KDX's. Did you guys know he races MX on a KX250F? :supz: He's pretty quick too! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read that he is on Team Green, that I didn't know. :butthead:
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Speaking of a 250F, I'm suprised that's not what he was on at the ISDE over the pig 450. New racing 4 strokes are great when you can have the manufacturer supply motors! :butthead:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Small business man with a long history of Kawaski support. He may not show up at the events with the Kawaski " big rig" but likely appreciates the next to free bikes, parts, exposure, and support for ISDE events. I know I would. He also has been a big asset to Kawaski for 20+ years with name recognition, his competitive attitude, and just his mannerisms (sp) with the press. He projects the nice guy image and does not come across as self-important, or having a big head. He comes across as an average competitive guy. If I was Jeff I would also continue my association with Kawaski because of both the long history AND his own small business.

Did you guys know he is also into some of the cross country vintage car annual racing scene? Like Malcolm Smith I think Jeff has likely been able to establish a life around those things that he loves participating in. One lucky fellow in that regard!!! :cool:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

My nephew competed in the 2004 Polish ISDT, and met Jeff there. His perception of Jeff was nothing but positive; a regular guy who'll give anyone a hand. He was still using the KDX's then, I believe.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know he was still receiving factory support; I don't blame him for supporting Kawasaki in return.
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure