$44 ebay clutch kit

Got questions? We got answers....
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

$44 ebay clutch kit

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Anyone try one?

Last outing I took off in 4th gear (Did not know at the time), went up a steep cut bank and the motor revved high but when I looked back I noticed the tire was not spinning

Rut roh :?

Guess we'll see if it's a POS or not, I ordered one :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You probably just need stronger clutch springs.

Or go on a diet.....
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

A diet?

But I'm just a growin' boy?

When you comin up so I can try that EFM? (better wait til it quits snowin)

I think that would be neat on my Vstrom
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

It'll work for your road bike. His site shows demos on harleys anyway.

I'll be up when the snow is melted. I really wanted to beat the weather, but my clutch was not to be. BTW, I have a complete clutch plate set for a KX250. It's Barnett Model # K256D. If it fits the KDX and you want it, let me know. I thought I needed new plates, but I was wrong, so I have this complete set; inner and outer plates along with springs.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
alistair

Post by alistair »

a slipping clutch is just a VERY basic auto clutch.... :?
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

my gallery http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
alistair wrote:a slipping clutch is just a VERY basic auto clutch.... :?
Who said anything about a slipper clutch?
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
alistair

Post by alistair »

no one did...just ignore that other post i guess,i was trying to be funny,but i guess it didnt work .Oh well....
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

GS

Post by GS »

Alistair....I got your humor!

And there is such a thing as a slipper clutch that Ondatrail referred to.
alistair

Post by alistair »

>|<>QBB<
GS wrote:Alistair....I got your humor!

And there is such a thing as a slipper clutch that Ondatrail referred to.
cool,indeed there is such a thing as a slipper clutch,supermotard guys are fans of them(as well as many others im sure) i read way to many bike magazines
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
alistair wrote:>|<[there is such a thing as a slipper clutch,supermotard guys are fans of them(as well as many others im sure) i read way to many bike magazines
yep! those are for the clutch chalenged guys with no stength/control in their left hand :mrgreen:
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
alistair wrote:no one did...just ignore that other post i guess,i was trying to be funny,but i guess it didnt work .Oh well....
Oh I got it now :mrgreen: :lol:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Just opened box, looks ok, steel plates

Made in Taiwan :supz:

Maybe see if it fits tomorrow :neutral:
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Really happy with this new clutch

Took a few rides to get it broke in, but now it is pretty sweet

Have not had many miss shifts like I did before, and I can actually find neutral when the motor is running!
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
reymund77

Post by reymund77 »

any links to ebay on who u bought the clutch from?...good to get a set in as spare jus in case when I need them cos no stock in singapore for them unlike XR4, KTM or DRZ
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
reymund77 wrote:any links to ebay on who u bought the clutch from?...good to get a set in as spare jus in case when I need them cos no stock in singapore for them unlike XR4, KTM or DRZ
(((Sledpartsguy Super Store)))
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
reymund77

Post by reymund77 »

Thanks for the link.....jus a question....while idling and in neutral, I pull in the clutch and my KDX is not so noisy...but let go the clutch and u hear "ta ta ta" sound coming from the clutch....is my clutch basket toast???.....wats the solution...collected the bike last month and it was still good and jus 4 riding and now it start sounding....

Sidetrack abit....also if I don't off the fuel and start the bike...the carb will leak/overflow.....but after warming up or move off, it will be okay...or I must off my fuel cock everytime I stop my bike.....any solution?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Do a search on "peeing" :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Do a search on "peeing" :wink:

(((LIKe This?)))

Dunno about the clutch noise? Nevr experienced that before
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
reymund77 wrote:Sidetrack abit....also if I don't off the fuel and start the bike...the carb will leak/overflow.....but after warming up or move off, it will be okay...or I must off my fuel cock everytime I stop my bike.....any solution?
Thats the float sticking, happens to the best of us :wink: . I turn off my bike and knock the bowl of the carb with my knuckle. Stop when your sick of it or your knuckle hurts (mine'e the latter :oops: )
Hope this helps :partyman:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Few other things on this clutch

When I first put it in and set up the free play at the lever correctly, it would creep while holding the clutch lever in. Plus I could hardly kickstart it in gear and rolling the bike with the motor off, in gear, clutch lever pulled, was not happening either.

So I adjusted the lever so it has no freeplay and tried it out. All those things above went away, aside from the heavy pull at the lever it works freaking awesome

Yesterday I got psyched out on a steep rutty hillclimb. I've never made it up in the past. There is absulutely no way to make a run at it. You take a sharp right hand blind turn and then you are faced with this steep P.O.S. I gave it a second go but my motor just was not pulling down low yet, I did not have the S.S.S. dialed in yet. I made it about half way up and the motor died. Brad came down and with me on the left side of the bike at the controls, holding the clutch in, he proceeded to start the bike (in gear) with his hand on the kickstarter. I think it started on the 2nd or 3rd try. He then helped me walk my bike up to the top :partyman:

Later he told me if we tried that on his bike, no way would you be able to start it in gear, by hand
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))