Suspension on the hybrid

Got questions? We got answers....
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Suspension on the hybrid

Post by KarlP »

Hey guys-
I've built a hybrid KDX/CR250; I put a KDX motor in a '99 CR250 chassis. There was really no good reason for doing this. I had a spare KDX motor and came across a complete and pretty clean CR250 frame. It really is a pretty good combo; that KDX motor is just about the best ST motor one could ask for.
Big deal...

The question has to do with the rear shock on the CR. I've had it resprung and revalved for my weight and intended use. I think it could be much better than it is, though. I seem to have a real spike in compression dampening at about mid stroke, and I cannot get much rebound dampening until I am two clicks out from fully in, and then it is to much.

I weigh 170 W/gear. I'm running a 4.8 shock spring and .38 front springs. What I'm after is the best single track racer I can make it.

Does anyone out there have some input on the rear shock? The forks seem to work really well, no complaints there yet.

Thanks
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Correction-
The spring on the shock is a 4.6
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

Where did you send both?
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller