rimlock question

Got questions? We got answers....
crazybrit

rimlock question

Post by crazybrit »

Did the KDX come stock with a rimlock on the rear? Couldn't see one in the manual.

Does it matter which hole in the rim you use for the rimlock and which for the valvestem? One hole next to the DID/2.15" stamp and the other 6" away.

I don't believe there is a heaviest point on the rim, obviously post install of the 4 1/2oz MotionPro rimlock there is but I don't think it matters which rim holes the rimlock and valve stems go into. Or does it?
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: rimlock question

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
crazybrit wrote:Did the KDX come stock with a rimlock on the rear? Couldn't see one in the manual.

Does it matter which hole in the rim you use for the rimlock and which for the valvestem? One hole next to the DID/2.15" stamp and the other 6" away.

I don't believe there is a heaviest point on the rim, obviously post install of the 4 1/2oz MotionPro rimlock there is but I don't think it matters which rim holes the rimlock and valve stems go into. Or does it?
Shows one at Kawi on microfiche :?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
crazybrit

Re: rimlock question

Post by crazybrit »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:>|<>QBB<
crazybrit wrote:Did the KDX come stock with a rimlock on the rear? Couldn't see one in the manual.

Shows one at Kawi on microfiche :?
So it does, I was hoping there would be a pic of where it went, but I'm still not convinced it makes any difference. EDIT: ah, there's a good pic on the cover of the 220 supplement manual, score.
alistair

Post by alistair »

on both of our 200's(stock with rimlocks) the vavle stem is at the takasago DOT 18x2.15 stamp.

And the rim lock 6" away.
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

my gallery http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
alistair

Post by alistair »

on both of our 200's(stock with rimlocks) the vavle stem is at the takasago DOT 18x2.15 stamp.

06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
alistair wrote:on both of our 200's(stock with rimlocks) the vavle stem is at the takasago DOT 18x2.15 stamp.

Mine's the opposite so I don't think it matters too much, haven't had any problems with it since I bought it.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
alistair

Post by alistair »

I don't think it matters either.
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Of course it matters! :shock:

If you put the rimlock in the valve stem hole...and the valve stem in the rimlock hole..and then try to air up your new tire using the rimlock...it won't work!

What a silly question! :neutral:

Besides that...the valve stem won't hold the tire on for diddle.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Of course it matters! :shock:

If you put the rimlock in the valve stem hole...and the valve stem in the rimlock hole..and then try to air up your new tire using the rimlock...it won't work!

What a silly question! :neutral:

Besides that...the valve stem won't hold the tire on for diddle.
:lol: :lol:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller