License Plate Holder - KLX250 Compatible ???

Got questions? We got answers....
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

License Plate Holder - KLX250 Compatible ???

Post by jc7622 »

I have been thinking about getting a tag for my KDX. I want it to be as clean and factory looking as possible. I was looking at some pics of the KLX250S and got to wondering if the license plate holder would fit on a KDX fender. There are some extra holes in the underside of the KDX fender that look like they are probably used for that purpose possibly in another country.

I guess I could find a KLX and do some measuring, but thought someone on here may have already tried it. I have posted pics of the KDX and KLX rear fenders below.

thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I can't answer your specific question but I can show you a picture of my license plate setup.

Thats the only picture I have right now of it, the glare is so you can't read my numbers! :lol: just kidding. :rolleyes:

I bought the KX rear fender, an Acerbis LED enduro license plate holder and fitted them together. To make it clean I cut down the license plate (cut off the "MC" at the top) and trimmed off anything else to make it the same size as the holder. It's obvious what the numbers still are but it doesn't say "MC" on it. I've driven around town ALOT and no one has ever given me grief over it. I think it looks pretty slick too. :cool:
urnuts

Plates

Post by urnuts »

I made a pretty nice holder- I'll snap a pic tonight.
Those holes underneath must be for that purpose in one way or another- they certainly make doing something easier. 6mm, btw, I think.
Nice job in that pic above.
I ordered the UFO fender with room for the plate from Bike Bandit but ended up with something that didn't look quite as hip (not sure what that really means) as the picture- the pic above looks to have the fender I thought I was getting.
I never returned it and just ended up making my own mount- hopefully it works (and lasts). No riding up here now!
urnuts

Plate Pics

Post by urnuts »

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb28 ... G_0549.jpg

I think that'll take you to all the pics I snapped of the plate. (click on "my album")
I picked up a set of large truck mudguards to make the black mounting plate that the license plate mounts to- I just cut it to the size I wanted.
When you look at the underside, the black and red "things" are just some screw covers I had lying around. I was pretty liberal with the threadlocker, so I don't think anything will come loose..... famous last words!