KDX is going Switched to a KX 250

Got questions? We got answers....
krazyinski

KDX is going Switched to a KX 250

Post by krazyinski »

I am staying green but Have gone to a KX 250, the KDX will get torn down and parted out check the parts section. I will list the parts as I get them cleaned up and will not miss represent anything I sell. I will do this untill the new year than they will go to Ebay.

I was out camping and riding a couple of weeks ago and via AIRCARD Late one evening around the fire I checked the status of parts I listed on ebay and like always trolled the bikes for sale and spotted a KX for sale from a dealer in Tennessee IT had seal savers on it and the plastic was scratched up good, also spotted Pro Circuit stickers on the forks so I bid low, 2g's and won cost 260 to ship to my house.

They sent me the paper work, and they put a new top end on the bike at the dealer.
Got the bike and it has a Pro Circuit works pipe, suspension valved for GNCC riding for guy my weight. New oring 13-49 chain and sprockets, new tires.

I spent a few hours going through the bike or a couple of days before I got to ride it.

I went riding yesterday and WOW!!! this bike rocks it hits mellow but hard with a lot more torque than the KDX and gets going fast, tracks true and straight, feels planted at high speeds. ITs more fun than a barrel of monkeys in a room full of dancing girls.

The final sell was in the technical sections it performed as good as the KDX.
The twin chamber forks work so much better than my ($600.00) 98 forks.

I have bike armor and a 13 0z flywheel weight on the way, also putting
black excel rims on, that I have.

1000 dollars is what I will put in to it and I will have a $3300.00 woods machine.
not bad.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Sounds like your happy - what year of KX?
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Nothing wrong with that.

There are only two left in my crowd with a KDX.
Nether of us have any trouble being "competitive", but what's the dang hurry anyway?
Slow down, enjoy the scenery, comfy seat, trail ride suspension.

My hybrid thingy is a lot "faster", though.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

2005 KX
no hurry just having fun but the KX makes it a lot easier, never had a problem with the kdx being competitive or lacking power. I didn't buy the KX to replace the KDX I bought it to resale. but after riding it I couldn't go back.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Nice report!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Yipee! Another 250 rider! It IS tough to go back!

If I had the $, I'da kept my KDX for sure... No regrets on the replacement though - Have Fun and be careful, and for cryin out loud, post some pics when you get the chance! :lol:
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|QBB<[/url]
2001kdx wrote:Yipee! Another 250 rider! It IS tough to go back!

If I had the $, I'da kept my KDX for sure... No regrets on the replacement though - Have Fun and be careful, and for cryin out loud, post some pics when you get the chance! :lol:

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

wow is it just me or does the rear tire looks huge!?
Looks like a nice bike :supz:
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

18"110/100 MT16 It is nice at 10 PSI with the 13oz flywheel weight it tractors just about anywhere, sticks like glue. should a seen the 120 I ran last year.
of course black on black makes it look larger.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That bike needs a kickstand.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

$2000 for that? :prayer: excellent deal! :supz:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

The finished bike is @3200.00 still not bad.

The hardest part is holding on to that triangle while riding.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Kickstand? Who needs that? There are TREES in the woods you know!