2007 Red Bull Last Man Standing

Got questions? We got answers....
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

2007 Red Bull Last Man Standing

Post by jc7622 »

I just get back from the Last Man Standing. Guess who won. If you guessed David Knight you are... incorrect. David Knight's Polish KTM teammate, Taddy Blazusiak, beat Knight in the daytime lap by about 10 minutes. Then the two battled for the lead during the night lap until David Knight dropped out due to being sick. I overheard over the event two-way radios that he was puking at one of the check points.

Jeff Fredette was there. I got one picture of him and a few of his bike. I wich I could have gotten more. I posted a few picture below. I also have some pictures of orange bikes if anyone wants to see them.

2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

He's the Man! I'd like to give one of those KLX450's a shot, seems like an awesome bike for a big guy!

I actually prefer the 250F motor to the 450 in the woods. Where's the KLX250R Race bike?
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I think it's awesome he goes to the races hauling his bike and gear in the bed of a pickup truck, but where's his Kawasaki big semi trailer? Hmmmmm I hope that's his choice and not Kaw's. Also, did you see what size, brand and model tires he runs? That would be interesting. Doesn't look like he's got a steering damper either. Did you notice if many riders use a damper. Also like he has a kickstand on the bike!! The strap handle in the rear; I keep forgetting to do that to my bike as well.

Thanks for the photos. BTW where was the race held?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

the 250 F with a 6 speed trans would be sweet. I have rode a yz250f thats set up for woods riding and I was out of gears and power way two quick for my liking and it felt like it was heaver than my KDX and physically its not. It was a fun bike to play on but I could not get a fast pace going. well I am off to troll Utube for lastman vids.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

See the trials tire he has as a spare? :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

The race was held in Bulcher TX, which is right on the Red River between TX and OK.

Yep, Fredette's pit was the total opposite of the KTM riders. They had two semis plus a other support vehicles. KTM mechanics were everywhere under their tent working their @$$e$ off. Fredette was just in the back of his pickup. He didn't get to finish the daytime lap because anyone who fell two hours behind the leader at any checkpoint was timed out. Most of the field timed out. At the halfway point only about 10 riders were within 1 hour of the lead. By the end of the race only three qualified for the night lap. I wanted to talk to Fredette, but every time I passed by his pit he seemed busy.

I didn't watch for steering stabilizers, but I don't think they were too common. I did see a few though.

I did see some trials tires - maybe about 15% had them on the rear. Only a few had them front and back. I met the mom of Canadian rider Bobby Prochnau and one of their friends. I ran into them several times during the day - very friendly. The friend, I can't remember his name, told me that the trials tires get kind of squirelly at high speed, according to Prochnau.

Nearly everyone had grap straps front and back - and they used them quite frequently. I have been trying to get my kids to put them on their bike without any luck. They think they are cool now.

One thing that was common to almost all the riders was the use of two-strokes. There were very few four-strokes. Of the approximately 20 KTM factory riders, I only saw one with a four stroke. I would estimate that about 90% of the riders were on smokers (and 90% of those were KTM).
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

so is that a grab strap on the front? below the headlite?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Yes, below the headlight. Some were looped around the fork tubes just below the bottom triple. Some were grommeted and then bolted on through a triple clamp pinch bolt.

The rear grab loops were usually grommeted and bolted on through one of the bolts around or under the rear fender.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS