Chain slides?

Got questions? We got answers....
Ondatrail

Chain slides?

Post by Ondatrail »

I want to get a new chain slide that covers the swing-arm and a block for the chain guide. Looked at Bike Bandit, and was wondering if I could get the swingarm for less than $27 and the block for less than $25?
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Did you try Ron Ayers?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

Ron Ayers: $23 for swingarm and $21 for the block. Still pretty steep IMO. Is there any aftermarket place that sells them as a pair? Or just not as costly. :?
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's $8! Want them to give em to ya? :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Ondatrail, just do what I did, break your leg, then clean your bike squeaky clean and sit it in the garage for a few months! It won't need any replacement parts! Actully mine just needs a rider :)
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:That's $8! Want them to give em to ya? :lol:
Yea for OEM you pay through the nose for everything :roll: . Is there any aftermarket ones?
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

The answer is no.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You can make a rear block yourself.

Get a piece of 'stuff'. There is letter 'name' for it, but I don't keep track of all of that stuff. TPFE (no..not Two Phase Flow Experiment) or some such. It's used as a bearing surface for sliding things. I got some from my brother-in-law..a diesel mech for a sanitation outfit. They use huge plates of the stuff to slide the containers off/on the trucks during the dumping process. It's green in color. Other colors and types of stuff fit, too.

If you know some industrial mech types, ask them about it.

Take the old block out of the rear guide..trace the shape onto the material, cut/saw it out of the piece, drill the mounting holes...done.

As far as the chain slipper goes...just buy one. It's a lot cheaper than buying a new swingarm!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

UHMW
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
GS

Post by GS »

Anybody works near a mill knows that slippery hard-wearing stuff!!!

Ultra High Molecular Weight!

aka 'tough plastic'
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

For the cost of shipping, you might even get someone that has some UHMW 'stuff' laying around to SEND some to you.

Never hurts to ask.

Knowing the thickness might be good. The 'stuff' is easily machinable..you can sand, file, drill, rasp it easily enough.

Good luck!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I get scraps of it at work

They get it in green, white, black and orange

Made an exhaust hanger out of it awhile back

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
GS

Post by GS »

Exhaust hanger...what a great idea!

I've 'whittled' new chain guide sliders, adds some funky value, in that it was free.....I mean recycled!!!

:wink:
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I like the exhaust hanger deal!!! Chaps my butt that the KDX ones self-destruct so easy and the KTM ones are so costly. Think I try that trick - thanks for the idea!!!
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Originally had one made of aluminum

For some reason, no matter how tight I got it , (I used a lock nut) it would always work loose
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
GS

Post by GS »

So, where was this great idea *last* week when I glued the two pieces of my broken pipe mount (after rubber disbonded from one side) together, then drilled and thru-bolted them together (as a bit of insurance)

You're a little late!

Better late...... than never, I guess :roll: