KMX 200 vs KDX200

Got questions? We got answers....
Kurt Franz

KMX 200 vs KDX200

Post by Kurt Franz »

Is the KMX 200 the exact same bike as the KDX 200 with the street legal equipment attached?
1987 BMW K75
1973 Yamaha CT3
2004 Kawasaki KDX200
1981 Yamaha PW50
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Never heard of it. In europe, the street-legal KDX is designated "SR"
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
hockeyboysomers

Post by hockeyboysomers »

I saw a KMX once on D-bay about a year ago. It was a nice looking bike. It looked just like a KDX. The guy selling it said, that he had ordered it somehow from Kawasaki, and had it delivered to a dealer here in the states. He claimed all the parts were the same, but the street legal eqipment had to be ordered from Kawasaki. I'm not sure but I think it was a 1999. Hope this helps.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The more you know, the more you learn about this bike! Amazing if this is true.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
carlito

Post by carlito »

see pics in BikePics.com.a third world county model not produced for europe or usa.
cornishwrecker220

KMX 200 vs KDX200

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

The KMX was available here in the UK from around 1985-1992..they made a 125cc & 200cc ( the 200 was prone to piston trouble ) both cracking bikes in their day & quite nippy too...the 125 was popular with young 17 year olds who could ride them on a `learner licence` the 125 had a fully working power valve which at the time was rare as most 125s with power valves had them removed or blanked off because of the UK learner laws restrictions would only allow you to ride a motorcycle of up to 125cc on a restricted licence & up to 12bhp...the 200 never really sold that well as most people who passed their bike `test` went out & purchased a 250 or larger. Both bikes were a new style of `trail` bike & more user friendly as we never had the SR kdx as a official Kawasaki UK available bike.
ICRage42
Supporting Member

KMX 200 vs KDX200

Post by ICRage42 »

Believe it or not I had one here in Howland Ohio.

Didnt buy it cuz of fear of not finding any parts but its almost IDENTICAL to the KDX. IDENTICAL

In fact it caused a fist fight between bro and me stating he was gonna buy a kmx or whatever in better shape then my kdx. ( it took three years to find a decent one and it was still a complete wreck.)

Bro spotted it at a garage sale and I went and checked it out later. Didnt know much about it at the time and searched for info. Bike was setup for the area for sure and ran crisp. Air cooled if I remember correct. By the time I went to go look or inquire about it again. The couple had moved.

Very nice bike and I did ride it at the time. If I would of known better then I would of bought the bike. It was SOOO plush for the front forks its not funny. Thought atleast if I bought new and rebuilt mine it would be better. However I would compare it to a Suzuki or Honda fork setup with a kdx style engine. In fact the performance of bike was the same or perhaps better. If anything different it felt like you were lower towards engine and cradled.

I had pictures on my old phone and went with a new carrier and phone since but yea the guy only wanted 700 or best offer for it too. Looked like the all white kdx here with the blue seat cept it was with red.

Only thing that set me off about it was that it looked more of a street bike perhaps. Had a different wiring setup and aftermarket battery. Perhaps installed later or replaced. Then again a KDX with a baja setup at one time would look the same.

Nice bikes tho. I liked it but if you ever tell me its better then my kdx we will get into a fist fight. HAHAHAHAA :lol:
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

KMX 200 vs KDX200

Post by frenche200 »

Here in France, we only have a few copies of KMX 200 and was imported by the network Kawasaki (unlike KDX 200 E series) , that has not been the success of the 125 with which it shares the same engine down, except clutch springs who are bigger on the 200, this is one with the french street legal

i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)