Openly admitting i'm the dumbest.yet happiest KDX owner 2Day

Got questions? We got answers....
AwfulSmokey

Openly admitting i'm the dumbest.yet happiest KDX owner 2Day

Post by AwfulSmokey »

I've been fiddling with my carburetor the last few days and only having slight success. If you seen some of the posts i made you would see that i had no idea what this bike was capable of therefor didn't know what the end result was supposed to be.

I replaced the main jet the other day and got the bike to hit powerband (for the first time apparently). I then started messing with the slow jet( it hesitates 1/4 - 1/2 throttle). I spend a few hours riding it yesterday to get the carb tuning done. I went and parked my bike and noticed that the slack adjuster had come loose and my wheel was kicked to the side. I adjusted it back and tightened everything up. I went for a spin to check it and noticed my engine seemed to make a whole lot of noise and yet the bike wasn't going as fast as it sounded.

My first thought was.. is the chain is too tight,too loose and jumping the sprocket? maybe a gear in the tranny? I sat down and sighed.. rolled one up and then a light-bulb came on over my head. The clutch? I jumped on my bike and started it up, went to take off and noticed the clutch only begins to grab all the way out.. I adjusted it in, took off riding a wheelie and about **** my pants. My bike had NO balls what so ever and i had no idea!!!!!!!!! It was the clutch the whole time.. Needless to say, why didn't anyone tell me that a KDX200 can haul ass? I had no clue! I ordered a V Force 3 rad valve yesterday too, hoping to make my bike decent. Now, i can't wait to see what she can do!!!

Now that i got it running half-way decent , it's time for the RB mods :supz:
AwfulSmokey

Post by AwfulSmokey »

>|<>QBB<
foots wrote:After the RB you might want to look at a seat belt :mrgreen:
no doubt! i just went for a spin, came around a corner in 3rd gear. I cracked the throttle on exit and rode a wheelie like i knew what i was doing. I'm loving my bike right now.
cleoent

Post by cleoent »

when i bought my kdx200 back in july i rode it around and wasn't impressed. I figured that was just because it was a "little" 2-stroker and that's just the way it was supposed to be. Well after reading this site and the other one i made some changes to the jetting, cleaned air filter yadda yadda yadda and out of nowhere emerged this single track devouring beast that can wheelie in the 1st 4 gears, :supz:

I know the feeeling :) Congrats!
1990 KDX200, 2007 KTM 200XC, 2004 TTR125L
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

..why didn't anyone tell me that a KDX200 can haul ass?
I don't recall that being asked. :hmm:

BTW, the KDX200 can haul ass.

If your clutch has been slipping for that amount of time..I'd be wondering how much damage (excessive wear) was done to it. If it works well now, I guess there isn't a lot of reason to worry about it.

Have fun!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!