V-force

Got questions? We got answers....
MXOldtimer

V-force

Post by MXOldtimer »

Just out of curiosity anyone know if a (long shot) V-force for a 87-04 KX-250-500 will bolt up to a KDX-200?

I just saw one new extremely cheap in an ad and was curious.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I just put a vforce on my 02 KX250. I have my stock reeds. If you want, I could trace the shape and hole pattern on a piece of paper and send to you. However, that doesn't consider the throat reach.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:, I could trace the shape and hole pattern on a piece of paper and send to you. .
Aughhhhhhh it's no biggie. I just thought if someone had any info I'd buy it.
Thanks for the offer.

plb

Post by plb »

KX 250 - 87-04
[V308A]

KDX 200/220
[V313A]

http://store.mototassinari.com/

So, it's not the same number... but it can fit or can't, I don't know???
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

Can someone confirm that V-Force makes $250 worth of a difference? I'd rather get RB'ed or USD's but I was wondering. :hmm:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
plb

Post by plb »

I have a V-Force and I like it (more quick, better response). I like because I bought used for cheap price on ebay.... Hum, if I had to pay the big price, I dont know I will be so happy...

I have a 35 mm Carb with FMF Rev and V-force3. A very good combinaison. The V-Force is a PART of the solution, not just THE solution to improve your bike.

Just a v-Force, it help but will not change your bike like a RB and USD.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

$250 for Vforce? What are you smokin? They run a $130. Not worth it IMO, sharper throttle response & smoother power is all well and good, but for god's sake get some $30 power reeds!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:$250 for Vforce? What are you smokin? They run a $130. Not worth it IMO, sharper throttle response & smoother power is all well and good, but for god's sake get some $30 power reeds!
Power reeds are better than nuthin

But Vforce blows em away

No comparison

I'm still running the VForce Delta 2
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:$250 for Vforce? What are you smokin? They run a $130. Not worth it IMO, sharper throttle response & smoother power is all well and good, but for god's sake get some $30 power reeds!
Your right its $150 not $250. Had my sled's price on my head with the dusting of powder today :supz: .
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:>|<>QBB<
Power reeds are better than nuthin

But Vforce blows em away

No comparison

I'm still running the VForce Delta 2
Yeah yeah but still.... there's money better spent IMO. Hell you can buy a new set of rubbers or rebuild your motor for cheaper!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

a new set, I did not know people reused em?

Thought they were a one SHOT deal?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:a new set, I did not know people reused em?

Thought they were a one SHOT deal?
:lol:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

No one said Vforce or any other aftermarket reed needs to be at the top of the upgrade list. But aftermarket reeds should be on the list somewheres. Stock reeds don't last forever and sooner or later you are going to need to replace them. I'd say to change them about every 100 hours of operation. That would be about 2 long rides twice a month for a full year. Or 1 good ride every 2 or 3 years. Since you gonna change them, then give the VForce a try.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Something to keep in mind...the V-Force 2's have two different reed tensions available, and two different reed stops available, each of the latter with two different positons to mount them in.

I know they do 'cuz I tried 'em all.......

My answer to the question is: I dunno. If the PNs are different, I would surmise they parts are different.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

I think they are completely different. I still have the stock reeds from my by-gone 89 KX250 and they are much larger than KDX reeds.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Any KX reeds I've seen from MotoTassinari are the 3-petal variety. The 200/220 are the 2-petal type.

Consider the source

Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Something to keep in mind...the V-Force 2's have two different reed tensions available, and two different reed stops available, each of the latter with two different positons to mount them in.

I know they do 'cuz I tried 'em all.......

My answer to the question is: I dunno. If the PNs are different, I would surmise they parts are different.
Did you get any surprising results when you tried the tensions, etc? What made you stick with whatever you settled on?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I thought the results were surprising. Noticeable for sure.

I settled on low-low-low..low reeds (by layup method), low reed stops ON the low setting.

I chose that setup because it worked the best of all of them.

A btw...

The only way I got the low reeds and stops was by talking with Jeff at MotoTassinari. I don't recall ever seeing a choice of such on any retail site. It's been awhile since I've dealt with the II series, ordering replacement reeds 'fer instance, and have not had the occasion to ask for his assistance when ordering a particular petal. He may not be @ MT anymore.

Consider the source