Headlight?

Got questions? We got answers....
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Ah but thats because they updated the fiche to show the most recent revision. If you look at the buykawasaki site fiche you will see that there is an E1, E2 and E3 column. The E1 is not checked for the VR.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
AwfulSmokey

Post by AwfulSmokey »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:Actually the diagram he references is correct for a 89 (and possibly 90) KDX 200. They did not have a voltage regulator in the circuit.
Just curious, whats the vr for then?

Kawi fiche shows the 89 as having a vr :?
There is no VR in the schematic. That's WR as in white/red
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
AwfulSmokey wrote:>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:Actually the diagram he references is correct for a 89 (and possibly 90) KDX 200. They did not have a voltage regulator in the circuit.
Just curious, whats the vr for then?

Kawi fiche shows the 89 as having a vr :?
There is no VR in the schematic. That's WR as in white/red
I was not looking at yer schematic

I typed vr cuz I was too fuggin lazy to type out V O L T A G E R E G U L A T O R
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

>|<>QBB<
staxbrix wrote:Look at where the bl wires from the light connect to the kill.
I was asking does it need to be connected to that wire or just ground ?

If it just needs to be ground, Then I can ground it on a bolt that mounts the light. Instead of splicing into the wire to connect them.

In the pic it grounds them at a point in the middle.

Ill put up some pics in the afternoon.
It does 'just' need to be ground. It does NOT need to be at the same point as other grounds.

That is why this:
There is only one ground reference..and that is frame ground. Maybe they're all connected at the same physical point, maybe not.
..was written.

Re: 'Then I can ground it on a bolt that mounts the light.'

The light is bolted to the fork tubes. The fork tubes are connected to the bike via a steering stem running through a couple bearings (hopefully chock full of grease) with seals on top and bottom.

:hmm:

Sounds like a lousy ground to me!! That's because it IS!!

Best choice: Do not compromise an existing ground (don't cut into it, strip it, or otherwise mess with it). If you are adding a ground wire, run it TO a suitable FRAME ground. If you take an existing ground off the frame, CLEAN the connection before you bolt it back together. Use a suitable grease..like OX-GARD. Follow the instructions on such a grease on reassembly. If you don't know what that is, ask someone at your local hardware store for a tube of grease used on electrical connections. If that person doesn't know what it is, tell him/her/them/it that they are insufferable morons, and, 'Please, may I speak with someone that has more brain cells than the count of fingers on my hand.'

That spoken kindness will endear you to everyone in the store!

Re: 'In the pic it grounds them at a point in the middle.'

The 'pic' (schematic) is NOT a physical representation of things. Schematics never are. They are a LOGICAL representation having NOTHING to do with what the setup LOOKS like. The point of showing the grounds as it does simply shows there to BE a ground at those logical spots. It does NOT have to look anything like the 'pic'.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
staxbrix

Post by staxbrix »

These are the wires that I was talking about.
They go streight back under the tank.
AwfulSmokey

Post by AwfulSmokey »

Whoever owned my bike before me, took all the lights off and apparently the wiring too. I ran a wire from the CDI to one headlight on the DHH and it's pretty bright. I have a stock stator. I don't have the tailight assembly yet, so i'm not sure how much it will dim
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

The CDI and the lighting system are independent, separate, not connected.

Well....the grounds are the same! :wink:

I cannot tell what the wires pictured are..or where they come from.

What's coming out from under the rotor? Preferably, take the rotor off to see that better.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!