How Much Does Your Local Shop Charge for Nitrogen Recharge?

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

How Much Does Your Local Shop Charge for Nitrogen Recharge?

Post by KDXGarage »

If anyone has had nitrogen put in their shock, or called and asked a local dealer, how much does your local dealer charge to put nitrogen in a shock?

I was quoted $25 at one dealer, $15 at another and two said they didn't do it.

Thanks.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

$15
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

$12
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

$10 unless you want it right now - then its $15
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well... when I called 'em they said $15... When I just had it done... it was free! They said it wasn't worth the paperwork. :lol: What a deal!

It almost paid for the Seal Savers!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

A good shop that recognizes a return customer should toss a bone once in a while. My shop charges me $10 to remove and install a new tire. Heck, it's not worth the cussin' I do to mess with it for only $10. Besides, I take a couple of beers in with me and chat awhile as well.
Show the shop you appreciate the free fill-up next time you stop in with a brew. He'll remember you!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I agree with you KDX. My independent shop gives me good service 99% of the time and throws me a bone every once in a while. They offer free mounting of bike tires bought through them. Their prices are comparable to Rocky Mountain's including the shipping so I feel good about this. (You do need to bring the wheel to them: if you drop the bike off there is additional charges for them to remove and reinstall the wheel onto the bike)

You can sell some things in their store provided it is "priced right". Buy a new pair of boots and sell your old one's in their shop for store credit. Buy a new snowmachine track or used snowmachine track through them and sell yours in their store for store credit. I've done this numerous times as the kids out grew their stuff. Its good for the store and its good for me. Retail prices are discounted between 10-20% for all regular customers or friends of regular customers.

Things like a nitrogen charge if your buying something else will cost nothing. They go the extra mile to make customers satisfied almost all the time. If it is really busy you may feel short changed every once in a while but when you reflect upon it - it is just because you've become accustomed to the extra attention/service. LOL

I also try to steer customers their way. If I have some work that I can throw their way when they are slow e.g. Oct - mid Nov - then I will give it to them. The brew idea will not work in this shop. :partyman:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
dave04kdx
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dave04kdx »

$25 here in town
$20 in Phoenix
At age 4 success is . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . having friends.
At age 80 success is . not peeing in your pants.
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

most people around here use compressed air. i hear ya.
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I called a welding place in the same town that quoted me $25 a couple of years ago. It was $13 to fill a 4 foot tall tank. When wsjkawasaki and I went to the same dealer that quoted me $25 a couple of years ago, he caught a break. They only charged him $24 yesterday. It must have been a pre-Good Friday sale. :sad:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128