KDX Shifter

Got questions? We got answers....
urnuts

KDX Shifter

Post by urnuts »

Took my bike ('06) out for a ride for the first time last week.
Seemed like I had a tough time with riding boots getting my foot (boot) under the shifter.
I moved it up a few notches, but of course did that when the bike must NOT have been in neutral and then it seemed to not shift properly, so I got the bike back into neutral and put it back to where it was from the factory.
I'll tweak it some more this weekend, but has anybody experienced this?- rode fine around my house with sneakers, but once those thick boots were on it was really tough to sneak that boot under there
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Bike in neutral or not doesn't matter, you probably weren't engaging the gears properly because of the boots. just raise it a few notches, then you'll have to get use to the feeling with the boots on, after a few rides, you'll feel like you're wearing your snickers :wink:
urnuts

Thanks-

Post by urnuts »

I'm an old-timer (42) and just got back into riding after selling my last bike- a 1983 KDX200....... in 1983!
These new boots have a lot of plastic and I am (was) used to the leather ones that seem to have allowed more "feel"- but it's also a combo of things, Im sure; boots are new, I haven't ridden in a long time.
I'll keep at it!
The gearbox also seems so much tighter than I remember; When I was riding, I kept feeling like I was NOT shifting, convinced something was wrong, but when let out the lever, I could tell that I had, in fact, gotten the next gear.
Hard to put that into words!
It;ll be a while before I'm comfortable again.
Oh, and for those of you who weren't born in 1983- keep that to
yourselves! :mrgreen:
I thought that '83 was the best- and it was.... in '83. This '06 is amazing.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There are allot of old timers on this forum... like me! I'm 43.... My boots have allot of leather on them which helps in flexibility but once the plastic type boots are broke in... they work just fine too.

Which boots did you get?

Everyone has issues with new boots so I'm sure you will get used to them in short order. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
urnuts

Boots

Post by urnuts »

Fox "Tracker"
I'm a weekend (if that) guy, so I wasn't looking to spend $500; They were $100 on sale from $140, I believe.
Not to mention- getting into this from nothing: Bike, Trailer, Hitch, Helmet, Pants, Boots, Goggles, Gloves, ..... and the list goes on!
As I'm sure you know- but all at once is some bucks!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

They will break in and be fine. Had a pair before my current boots. Worked fine for years...
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

I'm almost 50. :shock: Have the same boots you have. Shifting was hard at first, but one does adapt. Can shift alot better in tenny's though.
If you ride OVER your head. You WILL land on IT!!!