Tweaking my suspension...

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

Tweaking my suspension...

Post by motorhed220 »

Ok so i got KX forks and i love em, i have then set to what i want...Now for the rear shock, i can get a cheap kx back shock, is it worht putting in???

Is it any different and will it make any noticeable difference, further more CA you even put a KX rear shcok in a KX without any hassel???

I want a stiff as can be suspension, and i will fool around with the settings no problem, BUT, if a KX shock will make a difference id consdier it a worthy investment!

And finally steering dampeners, are they year specific??? If so id have to get them corresponding with my Fork year and NOT my bike year right???
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

A KX shock is longer and the clevis doesn't fit.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

does that mean im gonna have to get a new "cleavis" or what? will it work or is it just better to work with what i got?
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

If you are a fast woods rider and ride mostly in areas that would demand a better shock such as huge sand whoops (that means you are hitting these hard, not rolling them) or you ride a lot of MX tracks, then you don't need a different rear shock. I put a 02 RM Showa on mine. It had to be internally shortened 1" and I had a little clevis work to do. There is a thread on this. It made a world of difference in my application.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
plb

Post by plb »

Put Race Tech Gold Valves in your rear shock?

I will put a brand new KX125 2005 front fork in my bike this winter. I bought Factory Connection springs for my weight and Race Tech Gold Valves too.

I think my rear suspension will need something after all this upgrades in the front...

Does someone try Gold Valves in the rear???????
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

local Pro Action shop did my front and rear and comments from those behind me have said: you make it look so smooth, I say its the suspension work that does the trick.

The Pro Action tuner said basically what bradf said on the difference in comparing the KX shorten and re valved to the re valved KDX shock.

its crazy fun with a suspension set and tuned to your ability and type of riding. turning the adjusters a couple of turns one way or the other and feel the difference with out wondering if you feel the change or not is great.

Monday we road our local trails after they held a race over the weekend that left the trails hard packed and choppy with some whooped corners. first run was brutal and arm numbing, after a couple of turns on the compression clickers the second run was spot on fun and so was the rest of the day.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.