FRP Hinson Baskets

Got questions? We got answers....
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

FRP Hinson Baskets

Post by bradf »

...are all gone. Hinson and FRP are woking to get FRP the CAD drawings so Jeff's machinist can make them. Jeff says "they will be a while out". The Hinson PN is H078 in case anyone needs one.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: FRP Hinson Baskets

Post by IdahoCharley »

>|<>QBB<
bradf wrote:...are all gone. Hinson and FRP are woking to get FRP the CAD drawings so Jeff's machinist can make them. Jeff says "they will be a while out". The Hinson PN is H078 in case anyone needs one.
Used to be a guy going by Storming Norman that modified clutch baskets for bikes so they could use his removable steel inserts in the area where the fiber plate tangs sit. Anyone know if he is still in business? Used to be slightly less money than the Hinson baskets but if you ever needed to replace the inserts it was ~$50 for a complete renewal as I recall.

http://www.batemanracing.com/billetbasket.html One article that I found real quick but now I'am gone for the night - bye

EDIT - STORMIN NORMAN’S RACING, Billet clutch baskets $125-$135, Basket wear inserts $90 kit, includes machining (select models) call Norm at 724-722-3630 ------ This edit ad was lifted from a 2006 sponsorship entry form. I can't find a website (he did have one as I recall) : I did not verify this phone number.

FWIW - Stormin norman's clutch basket was written up in one of the dirt motorcycle rags back in early 2000's. When I spoke on the phone with him (~ 2002) it was a mom and pop type operation with him and one other machinist making the baskets and inserts. They were available for quite a few popular bikes. One of the recognizable big names in aftermarket parts was looking at buying his idea (patent) at the time. Oil flow and its access to the working parts of the clutch was one of the things that really caught my eye along with his approach to fixing a wear point item.

P.S. Certainly nothing wrong with the Hinson basket or products or the idea that FRP may start machining new baskets based upon Hinson specs.. Just thought of Stormin Norman's clutch basket as a possibly different option that not many people would think of.. :rolleyes:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine