What Handguards would you recommend?

Got questions? We got answers....
SteveWR450f

What Handguards would you recommend?

Post by SteveWR450f »

I currently use Acerbis Multiconcept enduro handguards on my 2 kdxs that son and I ride. Both my son and I have now wiped out and had side impact on the left guard. The impact caused the bar mount to slide a little - even though it had loc tite on it - and that bent the arm of the guard where it bolts into the bar mount.

So . . . before I buy a replacement acerbis guard I thought I would ask what other people are using. I have a BRP Scott triple clamp. I have seen some guards mount directly to the triple clamp - such as cycra - that look like a more sturdy approach. I have also seen some guards - I think they were barkbusters - that basically is a one piece system that mounts both guards together that also looked strong.

Looking for something really strong that takes side impacts well because I know my son and I will fall again . . . Thanks for your time.

Steve
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I use the Cycra that mount to the triple clamp and they are solid!! I crash hard and often and I've never damaged a guard yet!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:I use the Cycra that mount to the triple clamp and they are solid!! I crash hard and often and I've never damaged a guard yet!!
I SECOND THAT!! GREAT CHOICE , THE TREES WILL BEND OUT OF THE WAY WHEN THEY SEE YOU COMING.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Have you tried bending them back?

I bend my guards all the time. Take em off, stick in vise, add a little heat, and go at it!

I have Pro Taper guards on KDX, ebay generics cheapies on DR, and Acerbis Multiplos on Vstrom
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

I am leaning towards the Cycra Probend mounted at the triple clamps. Seems like a lot of folks like them.

Yes, I have bent back the guards a few times in a vise. I probably should use some heat. Seems like each time I bend them back they get weaker and weaker. Of course, both hard falls have been on the same weak side.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

I like the Moose bark busters, reasonably priced, fit well, work fine.
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

I've got the Tusk hand guards and they work great just as good as the higher priced ones. I've even tested these guards so I can guarantee they works.
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/product ... ilyId=9547

Image.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I dig the Tusk guards too! Solid....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

I have Cycra barkbusters but I couldn't find a triple clamp mount for KX upper triple clamps, so I have the bar-clamped units. Excellent product!

You have to be careful if you want to bend barkbusters that have holes drilled in them for the plastic shields. I wasn't thinking and tried to bend my old FRP barkbusters...and one snapped right at a hole. DOH! Oh well, I wanted new ones anyway! :lol:
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure