Need Handlebar Advice

Got questions? We got answers....
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Need Handlebar Advice

Post by jc7622 »

I have a 2003 KX125 front end on the way to go on my 2005 KDX. The triple clamps are for 1-1/8" bars so I will need new handlebars.

I will probably get some ProTaper Contours or some from Moose Racing. Can anyone recommend a certain bend? Does anyone know the width, rise and sweep of the stock KDX and KX bars?
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I use a Contours Mini High Bend. The bend starts sooner, is steeper and you have plenty of bar end to attach the grips.
Other bars are too long of a transition from the clamp point out to where the grips go on and doesn't leave much room to mount stuff like bark busters, odometers, GPS mounts, etc...
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

protaper CR HIgh Mini Bars for me with Cyra triple mount busters at 29 1/2 over all. I run my chain adjuster at about 7-9 to keep the wheel base as long as possible with the KX front as low as possible.

short high bars are not great for high speed stability but the best in the tight.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Got a set of 7/8th in. Renthals. They came on the bike - I cut them from 32ish inches to 30ish inches, and the turning in the twisties became magic.

I'm tall so I added some bar risers, they adjust from 20-35mm I believe, $20 over at Rocky Mtn ATV

Here is a pic of the risers: