Good score?

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Good score?

Post by Indawoods »

I think I have a problem with a warped clutch basket so I picked this up... Ron Ayers price is $209!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :IT&ih=008
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I'd say...
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I can see the dents in the pic!

You won't believe the difference a Hinson makes until you try one. It's not even close to the same action, smoothness, release.... makes the OEM setup look like...well...a pile.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:I can see the dents in the pic!

You won't believe the difference a Hinson makes until you try one. It's not even close to the same action, smoothness, release.... makes the OEM setup look like...well...a pile.
For $64 you'll likely get what; another 6-8 years of clutch life with OEM type action - I don't really see a problem with that.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

My current setup is 12 years old... not bad for a stock clutch basket. I like it just fine except I think it is warped... make a god awful clack every revolution...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

So now list your warped one on eBay and offset the cost you spent on the replacement. No need to hide the fact it's used or might be warped. There are people who will buy anything. Trust me.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:My current setup is 12 years old... not bad for a stock clutch basket. I like it just fine except I think it is warped... make a god awful clack every revolution...
There is a shaft bushing and a washer or two which should be replaced when you install your new clutch. Check out the on-line parts fish and look for the parts. 12mm washers and a short bushing which should not cost much at all - the bushing would be a normal wear item and the washers should be replaced if your clutch has been rocking side to side during use.

P.S. Also should look where your clutch has been 'clacking' to ensure nothing else has been damaged!!
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I only notice that the actuating shaft moves up and down... that is the clanking.... gonna wear that darn thing out eventually...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

IC wrote:For $64 you'll likely get what; another 6-8 years of clutch life with OEM type action - I don't really see a problem with that.
Me neither. But..if you're wanting to improve things, an aftermarket basket is a treat.

'Sides...you didn't really expect me to pass up a chance to give Inda a bad time, did'ja?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!