220 question

Got questions? We got answers....
jbroom

220 question

Post by jbroom »

I know this has been hashed over many times, but i can't seem to find a straight answer. i've done several searches.

i bought an 03 220 thats completley stock. i haven't looked in the carb yet to see what jets its running and haven't been able to do a plug chop.

i cut the raised section of my airbox lid off and it sounds like its running better. I'm about to go to the MX store to get a few things and was going to pick up some jets so that i can re-jet when i ride the trails this weekend if i need to. can you guys give me a good range?

if it has stock jetting (i'm sure it does) and i run it with stock pipe and altered air box lid, its not going to be to lean is it? in other words, do i have much to worry about if i run it as is?

thanks guys.

-edit-
i just saw this on justkdx: Stock run a 42 pilot jet,the stock R1173L jet needle in the second from the top clip position, a 142/145 main jet and fine tune the pilot circuit using the air screw.

is that a recomendation of what to run, or what comes stock?
Last edited by jbroom on 11:43 am Oct 10 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Jon
KDX220, dr350 dual sport
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

No worries.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jbroom

Post by jbroom »

thanks Indawoods :supz:
Jon
KDX220, dr350 dual sport
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Jet sizes:

Mains: 138, 140, 142, 145
Pilots: 38, 40, 42, 45
Needles: CEL, DEL

that'd cover you now and when you start adding mods for a wide variety of riding situations. Matter of fact, since you're from Dallas you could probably get away without the 145MJ and the 45PJ . . . I'd start out with a 142MJ, 40PJ.

You'll be impressed what the new jetting will do for the bike.

Just a thought: there's a slightly-used FMF rev pipe for sale in the Parts forum, pretty good price . . .
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Just another thought: There's a slightly-used FMF rev pipe that's not for sale any more in the Parts forum.... :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
jbroom

Post by jbroom »

heh... i noticed that :wink:
Jon
KDX220, dr350 dual sport