KDX better than never

Got questions? We got answers....
Gionix

KDX better than never

Post by Gionix »

I just went to the mechanic to see what was happen with my KDX. it was a transmission break, One of the gears was brake, Clutch was very bad and Power valves wasn't open.

I bought a new transmission and Clutch kit in ebay for 103 dollars, it took 9 days to arrive to Dominican Republic."Very Fast, I Think"

We fixed it and put all the new parts, we was able to do work the power valves. We kick the motor it just start on first kick, was incredible. When have the opportunity to had a ride It was awesome, I did some Wheelies in 4 gear and 5 Gear. Clutch was better than when I bought the bike. The sound was very good.

So what you thiknk about it?
98 KDX200, Dyno Port Pipe, FMF Turbine Core II, Devol Radiator Guards. Pro-x Piston, N-Style Graphics and Seat Cover, Excel Rims.

My KDX Gallery: http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Cured all you ills.... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Splendiferous!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Mix 16 yrs old and 4th gear wheelies, be careful, the new found power can hurt you.
Gionix

Post by Gionix »

I know. I just put immediately the throttle back when the front tire is up. I have fall down some times before Doing wheelies . I had broke my arm months back. But its like new.

I like the new power on my bike, its like new.

How long I have to take to change engine oil?
98 KDX200, Dyno Port Pipe, FMF Turbine Core II, Devol Radiator Guards. Pro-x Piston, N-Style Graphics and Seat Cover, Excel Rims.

My KDX Gallery: http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Your manual states that the oil should be changed every 600 miles. My personal rule of thumb is about every 3 gastank fulls (probably like every 200 miles or so).
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I usually change mine right away if I have been into the transmision. There is no telling what was left behind.

Now that the motor is sorted out and you've given up on the noisy issue it is time to get the suspension worked out, isn't it.
Pretty soon you'll be able to lead those buddies of yours on thier sweet sounding MX bikes into the woods on some single track and leave them far behind :lol:
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I agree with KarlP. If the tranny had work, there could be some artifact materials left in there. Drain and fill a couple times, running the bike for about 20 minutes between flushes. I wouldn't bother with expensive oil for this process; any off-th-shelf 30wt motor oil will do for this. After the flush treatment, use a good quality lube in the tranny. Don't ask what to use or you will set off a flood of yellow shitstorms.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Definitely change the oil a couple of times after quick rides.....Like KarlP said. Clutch will break-in and leave some of the discs behind. After that....Jeb's recommendation is A-OK.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project