Remove Spark Arrestor

Got questions? We got answers....
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
MXOldtimer wrote:Don't listen to these guys, loud is where it's at man.

Don't settle for just removing the S/A. I'll help you get the ultimate MX sounding KDX.

Things you'll need, hacksaw, roll duct tape, and a inch and a half hole saw, 4 feet of vacuum hose.

It's best to steal your Mom's or neighbors vacuum hose to keep the cost down.

Getting started, take the hacksaw and cut the header pipe just after it makes the turn from the engine. Remove the rest of the expansion chamber w/ S/A and discard. (your even saving weight)
Now slip the vacuum hose over the end of the pipe and use the duct tape to attach it securely. Now take the inch and a half hole saw and put a hole in your helmet right where your right ear should be. See where I'm go'n with this? :cool:

Now take the vacuum hose you connected to the pipe and push the other end into the hole you just made in your helmet. Make sure you have enough length so you can stand and move around on the bike. Duct tape securely to the helmet.

Strap that helmet on, kick that bike to life and man will you have the sound your look'n for! :lol:

You can take it one step further and steal more vacuum hose put a "Y" in the hose and cut a hole on the left side of your helmet and have STEREO MAN! :supz:

Now if you don't wear a helmet cuz I'm sure no one cares if you wear helmets in the Dominican Republic you can just tape the vacuum hose directly to your ears securing it with the duct tape.

:lol:
That's just harsh, but darn funny. Gionix is probably a young kid that doesn't know any better and want to be kooool as alll of his other buudies with loud pipes. Hopefully he'll get the idea from you guys that lookin' kool doesn't make you any faster :wink:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I recommend putting a couple playing cards and clothes pins on the swingarm to make contact with the bike's spokes. Makes an awesome MX motor noise!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

that's what I'm talkin'bout! :supz:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|QBB<[/url]
foots wrote:Take your silencer off and ride about 75 miles in one day. Then you'll want to put it back on for sure.
Had this inadvertently happen the last time I rode with CC and Ski. My muffler mount broke and the muffler fell off. Had to ride back to the staging area with it stuck behind my light. Quite loud and annoying for sure... :roll:

1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
MXOldtimer wrote:Don't listen to these guys, loud is where it's at man.

Don't settle for just removing the S/A. I'll help you get the ultimate MX sounding KDX.

Things you'll need, hacksaw, roll duct tape, and a inch and a half hole saw, 4 feet of vacuum hose.

It's best to steal your Mom's or neighbors vacuum hose to keep the cost down.

Getting started, take the hacksaw and cut the header pipe just after it makes the turn from the engine. Remove the rest of the expansion chamber w/ S/A and discard. (your even saving weight)
Now slip the vacuum hose over the end of the pipe and use the duct tape to attach it securely. Now take the inch and a half hole saw and put a hole in your helmet right where your right ear should be. See where I'm go'n with this? :cool:

Now take the vacuum hose you connected to the pipe and push the other end into the hole you just made in your helmet. Make sure you have enough length so you can stand and move around on the bike. Duct tape securely to the helmet.

Strap that helmet on, kick that bike to life and man will you have the sound your look'n for! :lol:

You can take it one step further and steal more vacuum hose put a "Y" in the hose and cut a hole on the left side of your helmet and have STEREO MAN! :supz:

Now if you don't wear a helmet cuz I'm sure no one cares if you wear helmets in the Dominican Republic you can just tape the vacuum hose directly to your ears securing it with the duct tape.

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
plb

Post by plb »

MXOldTimer : I want more!!! :supz: :lol: :supz:
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I all most peed myself :lol: roflmao
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Gionix

Post by Gionix »

Every body here takes it like a joke and I don't want that. I was just expecting for your help. this is just a joke for you.

Right maybe I'm not an Adult, I'm 16, Maybe is because I'm from Dominican Republic. We have a history of poor people but it really doesn't matter for me. I don't know a lot about bikes like you but I want to learn. I don't want to be just a joke.

Sorry about my english, I know is not perfect but I do my best effort.
98 KDX200, Dyno Port Pipe, FMF Turbine Core II, Devol Radiator Guards. Pro-x Piston, N-Style Graphics and Seat Cover, Excel Rims.

My KDX Gallery: http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

This is a light hearted forum so don't take it the wrong way.

The problem is that our earth is in bad shape. Al Gore made a movie about it.... have you seen it?

Anyway..... Here is the USA there is a movement against motorcycles riding offroad and the noise causes us to lose more and more places to ride. We try to keep our bikes quiet within reason. What you ask, none of us have done... so you are going to have to be the inventor on this issue.

Sorry we couldn't help.
Last edited by Indawoods on 09:05 pm Oct 04 2007, edited 1 time in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

IMO It's a shame no one has helped him yet... And don't worry, they're just jealous - 16 is where it's at! :)
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Hey Gionix take it easy, like Inda said, this is a light hearted forum and yes we do like to tease a lot. We have people from all over the world, canada, US, australia, New zeland, I do recall some were from south america, heck even from france! So trust me they're not teasing you because of your bad english or your nationality (well they may but not in a mean way). As for your problem, I 2nd Inda, nobody has done this around so you'll have to be inventive and resoursefull. Good luck!
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

I'm sorry Gionix. I was just fun'n with you. :lol:

We here are taking sound serious now and as others have stated or we lose riding areas because of it.

Matter of fact we have sound checks for off road races now and if you don't meet the low sound level you don't race.

Also I've seen poker runs where just prior to the finish the sheriff will wait to check off road tags & sound. If you don't meet both he writes you a nice ticket.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Gionix wrote:Every body here takes it like a joke and I don't want that. I was just expecting for your help. this is just a joke for you.

Right maybe I'm not an Adult, I'm 16, Maybe is because I'm from Dominican Republic. We have a history of poor people but it really doesn't matter for me. I don't know a lot about bikes like you but I want to learn. I don't want to be just a joke.

Sorry about my english, I know is not perfect but I do my best effort.
It is a JOKE, if all you care about is making NOISE :razz:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Being 16 in any country and owning a motorcycle with a TCII is NOT poor. Gutting one and ruining a $100 piece of hardward is STUPID.. I'm not joking. You are a selfish, spoiled, punk who doesn't have an adult watching out for you when you screw up. Oh, and about that poor crap, you not only have a dirt bike at 16 but you have a computer too. And dang fine english if you ask me. Obviously educated. Too bad you lack intelligence. And don't go throwing that "race" card around here. I don't care where you come from, or what color you are. Most reasonable human beings do NOT appreciate a 16 year old pimple factory tearing up and down the back alley without a muffler on the bike. PERIOD!!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
plb

Post by plb »

Keep your bike QUIET. More sound = Less ground!

In Quebec area in Canada, if your not in a race track, it's illegal to have an AFTERMARKET muffler. You must keep the STOCK.

In 2007, it's a new reality and why this LAW?
Because some people did too much heavy noise...

I know, you are in Costa Rica, but just take a look inother country and you will realise what is the consequence of your act...

The Québec Off-Road Law:
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.q ... 2/V1_2.htm

«Système d'échappement.
6.1. Nul ne peut vendre, louer ou mettre à la disposition de quiconque, ou offrir de vendre, de louer ou de mettre à la disposition de quiconque un système d'échappement d'un véhicule hors route qui a pour effet d'augmenter les émissions de bruit ou le rejet d'hydrocarbures dans l'environnement en comparaison à ceux émis ou rejetés par un système d'échappement installé par le fabricant.»

I know, it's in french, but it said «illegal to have a muffler who increase the noise and the pollution»
Last edited by plb on 08:34 am Oct 05 2007, edited 2 times in total.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Your letters are all jumbled up! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Being 16 in any country and owning a motorcycle with a TCII is NOT poor. Gutting one and ruining a $100 piece of hardward is STUPID.. I'm not joking. You are a selfish, spoiled, punk who doesn't have an adult watching out for you when you screw up. Oh, and about that poor crap, you not only have a dirt bike at 16 but you have a computer too. And dang fine english if you ask me. Obviously educated. Too bad you lack intelligence. And don't go throwing that "race" card around here. I don't care where you come from, or what color you are. Most reasonable human beings do NOT appreciate a 16 year old pimple factory tearing up and down the back alley without a muffler on the bike. PERIOD!!!!
Man, am I getting old or what?!

You asked us to not take your quest for help as a joke and I'm here to tell you that the best help we can provide you is to advise NOT to gut the silencer. Don't do it. I know at 16 it's a little hard to respect anyone else's rights, but you better learn how soon or someone's gonna give you a lesson.

Now, keep that dang contraption quiet and let me get back to sleep. I'm off work in less than five hours and I need my beauty rest.
Jerry

Gionix

Post by Gionix »

Sorry. maybe I'm bad. Its that true is better for you have a quite bikes. But all my buddies have MX bikes and I like their sound. I just wanted that my bike sounds like their sound. thats it.

I wanna ask you some thing. I'm thinking buying an FMF Gnarly pipe for my bike but I don't have a lot to spend in it. so I was looking on ebay and I found
this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :IT&ih=008

I know it is used and it has some dents. but I want to know what you think about it? so let me know
98 KDX200, Dyno Port Pipe, FMF Turbine Core II, Devol Radiator Guards. Pro-x Piston, N-Style Graphics and Seat Cover, Excel Rims.

My KDX Gallery: http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
plb

Post by plb »

The problem, your KDX will never be an mx bike. You can try to sound like this, but it never be one.

Hey, I'm a true punk/hardcore fan (well, I 'm 25 years old...) and I suggest you to listen the 59 Times The Pain classic name «Something you're not». Maybe it will help you.

So, why destroy a pipe, have problem with neighborhoods and polluate more just to try to have a bike that is just a fake?
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
Gionix wrote:Sorry. maybe I'm bad. Its that true is better for you have a quite bikes. But all my buddies have MX bikes and I like their sound. I just wanted that my bike sounds like their sound. thats it.

I wanna ask you some thing. I'm thinking buying an FMF Gnarly pipe for my bike but I don't have a lot to spend in it. so I was looking on ebay and I found
this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :IT&ih=008

I know it is used and it has some dents. but I want to know what you think about it? so let me know
To give you some help, I have a rev pipe with a similar dent and it still beats the stocker. Just make sure before you bid that he will sell it to you because it says USA only. I don't know if that includes you or not because Im not dragging out my history text book to check.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller