Remove Spark Arrestor

Got questions? We got answers....
Gionix

Remove Spark Arrestor

Post by Gionix »

Hi, I want to know if is possible remove the spark arrestor from my TCII Silencer????

How do I remove the spark arrestor of my Silencer?
98 KDX200, Dyno Port Pipe, FMF Turbine Core II, Devol Radiator Guards. Pro-x Piston, N-Style Graphics and Seat Cover, Excel Rims.

My KDX Gallery: http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Why?

To clean it?

Or just remove?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Gionix

Post by Gionix »

Complete remove to get a harder sound!

So how i do it?
98 KDX200, Dyno Port Pipe, FMF Turbine Core II, Devol Radiator Guards. Pro-x Piston, N-Style Graphics and Seat Cover, Excel Rims.

Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

So you want a louder bike??!!
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
rollerman

Post by rollerman »

thats why there is no riding areas left run stealth :roll:
03 kdx 220 mine
05 pw 80 son
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

as long as you stay outa my woods, why don't ya just take the whole freaking can off :?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

>|<>QBB<
Green Hornet wrote:So you want a louder bike??!!
Good work sheriff LOL
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I believe this topic goes against the grain of just about everybody. :evil:

You really need to read up on what a spark arrestor does... A KDX will never sound like a MX bike so you might as well sell it and buy an MX bike and ride it on a closed course... PLEASE!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Gionix

Post by Gionix »

Here in my country we don't have problems for woods riding with a hard sound. I live in Dominican Republic.

So I just want to remove the spark arrestor. just tell me what to do? What I have to remove!!! I want it sounds like a power core II

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

We don't usually modify the silencers. We just buy what we want so it may take some inginuity on your part to resolve your crisis.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
Gionix wrote: I want it sounds like a power core II
Then sell you turbine on ebay and get a power core. My neibors did this and it didn't sound hard it sounded like a bike that was just about to be blown up because he didn't rejet it.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
Gionix

Post by Gionix »

Where can I buy a Reject kit? I need they offer international shipping because
I live in Dominican Republic!

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Ya know, I can't under stand a single thing this porter rieken is sayin'
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Sounds like a bunch of NOISE to me
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Gionix-
These guys aren't going to help you make your bike louder. You say loudness is not a problem in Peurto Rico? Well, get a bunch of obnoxiously loud bikes running around and it will no doubt become one. Go stealth.

The KDX 200 is never going to sound like an MX bike. Nothing stops you from taking your silencer apart, though.

There are LINKS on this page to all kinds of places you can by jets and all kinds of neat stuff. If you have access to the Internet you can find out if they will ship.

Oh Yeah..... :lol:
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I still don't understand the "i want my bike to be louder just because " deal. What's the point if you're not gonna gain any performance and on top of that pissed off neighbour and all...
Maybe I'm just getting old :roll:
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

If only Ryan were here, he could be of some assistance!
bmcd308

Post by bmcd308 »

Maybe he wants to start a forest fire to generate some publicity for dirt biking.
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

Don't listen to these guys, loud is where it's at man.

Don't settle for just removing the S/A. I'll help you get the ultimate MX sounding KDX.

Things you'll need, hacksaw, roll duct tape, and a inch and a half hole saw, 4 feet of vacuum hose.

It's best to steal your Mom's or neighbors vacuum hose to keep the cost down.

Getting started, take the hacksaw and cut the header pipe just after it makes the turn from the engine. Remove the rest of the expansion chamber w/ S/A and discard. (your even saving weight)
Now slip the vacuum hose over the end of the pipe and use the duct tape to attach it securely. Now take the inch and a half hole saw and put a hole in your helmet right where your right ear should be. See where I'm go'n with this? :cool:

Now take the vacuum hose you connected to the pipe and push the other end into the hole you just made in your helmet. Make sure you have enough length so you can stand and move around on the bike. Duct tape securely to the helmet.

Strap that helmet on, kick that bike to life and man will you have the sound your look'n for! :lol:

You can take it one step further and steal more vacuum hose put a "Y" in the hose and cut a hole on the left side of your helmet and have STEREO MAN! :supz:

Now if you don't wear a helmet cuz I'm sure no one cares if you wear helmets in the Dominican Republic you can just tape the vacuum hose directly to your ears securing it with the duct tape.

MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

I forgot! Just to be safe, remove the helmet from your head before cutting in the ear holes with the hole saw. SAFELY FIRST!
04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.