I cant find the right part number? Please help

Got questions? We got answers....
SteveWR450f

I cant find the right part number? Please help

Post by SteveWR450f »

My son rode his KDX last weekend. Apparently, he got stuck and over heated the engine . . . (I dont let him ride my KDX).

Anyway, after inspecting the bike, I noticed that the the white nylon spacer behind the ignition engine cover got hot and slightly melted. I am now looking to find the correct part to order one.

I usually go to Motosport to get OEM parts since they are really close to my residence. Unfortunately, I cant find the nylon spacer on the microfiche. Its shows just the plastic ignition cover and the paper gasket.

So can someone help me find the correct part number for the nylon white spacer that goes behind the ignition side engine cover. Thanks,

Steve
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Steve, any chance you could take a quick digi picture of this item? Based on both my limited experience with what's under the ignition cover and probably the same drawings you looked at I'm thinking a white nylon spacer might not be original OEM.

Just thinking out loud: is it located where the ignition wires enter that side of the engine? It may have been a previous owner's attempt to replace the black rubber piece that comes stock . . .
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

are you talking between the cover and the case?

Like the spacer that is used when you have a Flywheel weight?

If so try Steahy http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Well . . . I think its OEM but not certain. The nylon spacer is exactly the same size and shape of the OEM paper gasket. But the nylon is about 1/4 inch thick.

I think its OEM because I have 2 KDX 220s. My son has an 03 that I got used. I have a 04 that I got brand new -they both have the same nylon white spacer. Maybe put on the newer bikes?

When I get home, I will take a picture of it. Thanks for your help!

Steve
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

That makes sense - both bikes have flywheel weight from Stealthy. I had a mechanic friend put the flywheel on and apparently did not learn that they used a spacer. No wonder I cant find it on the OEM fiche.

Just goes to show - I need to work on my bike more. Thanks everyone for your time

Steve
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!