What is this?

Got questions? We got answers....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

What is this?

Post by skipro3 »

Looking over the photos of the new bike, I see it's got a Pro Circuit Pipe on it. I've never heard of the "WORKS" Pipe. Only the Platinum. Can anyone enlighten me on a WORKS?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

You need to spray it down with WD-40 after every ride, otherwise It'll rust
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

WoW!! thats shiny.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I believe it means it's uncoated/untreated, Jerry. FMF has a "works" pipe as well, they call it the "Factory" Fatty . . .

http://www.fmfracing.com/products/catal ... egoryID=54

Remember back in the 80s - I think - how a bike with everything (like the pros had) was a "works" machine?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The "Works" pipes were a throw away design for factory racers. Not meant to be on there more than a few races until it got trashed. It was an affordable solution for those riders. For us people who want longevity... not the best solution due to the rust factor. Too much maintanence on those for me.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

But... Butt....... IT'S FREE!!!!!

Well, at least it comes with the bike and I didn't have to pay extra for it.

BTW I still have the Pro Circuit I had on my torched bike. It's not shiny chrome anymore though. Perhaps it will clean up. I don't know. It isn't rusting anyways, sitting outside for over a year. I bet all the spoo is cooked out of it though!! Ha!! I'll photo it and post it up here.

Thanks for the info guys! You are all great here. It's nice to have a place to ask questions and not be made to feel stupid. :supz:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Also,
I know it's clean. That is a BIG reason I'm going for this bike. There's not even any boot rub on the clutch side cover. Usually that gets rubbed early, like in 2 or 3 rides. Easy to tell how much riding done by looking at the boot rub on the covers and frame. It's the cleanest used bike I've "NOT" seen in a long time. The seller, a consignment store, told me the owner was "an old guy" who wanted to re-live his youth as a MX star and so bought this and entered a race. One race and he decided to never do that again. Ha!!
Jerry

Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

'Hope this works out well for you Ski . . . a long time coming!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

That's TWO 250 riders now :supz: Or maybe it's more, like QC and those KDX250 guys.

That '02 KX is supposed to have a low-end powerband in comparison to my RM, so I guess that's the ticket for woods riding!

Except you already had one so you know all of this.... can't wait to see the whole woods-conversion :razz:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I can't wait either!!

I've been deliberately trying NOT to think about riding for so long, I was almost convinced that it might not be in the cards for me. But then my wife saw me looking at the bike on eBay and told me to get it. She was very insistent. After bugging me for 3 days, I contacted the seller and now, it's on it's way. Yah!!

Here's photo of the old bike to whet my and your appetite.

Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Hey Vince,
Do you have any of these front fender stickers any more? If so I'd like to get a couple.

Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I love that tank! :supz: Yeah... I got some somewhere... I'll send ya some.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Clark tank. Just ordered one from Rocky Mountain. It really gets rid of that MX look and turns it into more of a woods bike, doesn't it?

Ebay has a IMS but they look like the tank was stung by a bee.

Hey thanks!!
Jerry

Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

WOW! You know how to trick a bike . . . I keep looking at it and finding some other detail.

Is that gray fender a KTM fender? I love the sharp angles on their front fenders, didn't know they offered them in gray.

Can't wait to see version 2

CLICK FOR PICS!
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

I find it funny how the KDX ended up with a number plate and the KX with a head light... NICE bikes though - anticipating the transformation on the new bike :)
alistair

Post by alistair »

those are some good looking bikes :grin:
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

my gallery http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php
gtoron

Post by gtoron »

>|QBB<[/url]
skipro3 wrote:I can't wait either!!

I've been deliberately trying NOT to think about riding for so long, I was almost convinced that it might not be in the cards for me. But then my wife saw me looking at the bike on eBay and told me to get it. She was very insistent. After bugging me for 3 days, I contacted the seller and now, it's on it's way. Yah!!

Here's photo of the old bike to whet my and your appetite.

I just want the hat! :mrgreen:
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

"I just want the hat!" LOL - I thought the same thing - J. Rowlings could have used it in the Harry Potter series of movies!!!! :lol: :supz: :prayer:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Yes Jeb, it's KTM fender. Polisport has them for both Kawasaki and KTM. I liked the gray. I got another on it's way from here:
http://www.ridenow.com/product/detail/RN81121.aspx

Only like 11 bucks and free shipping for orders over $100.

I made that easy with Pro Taper Contour Handlebars in Mini High, along with a helmet strap quick release, grips, glove liners, helmet liner, etc...

I'm now looking for the tool box:

The KDX ended up with the # plate because the 220's seem to over heat easy and mine was no different. I used a half vent plate to increase air flow.

The hat I've had since 1982. It smells "funny" when it gets wet. It's nothing special out west here; many wear the "cowboy" hat.

For more photos of the Version 1 KX250, go to my gallary. There I have a complete history showing the day I got it through a complete going over to these photos here.

Look close for lots more trick stuff;
oversized front brake rotor
Stainless steel brake lines front and rear.
Front brake is CR style routing. (Every rider with KX/Inverted forks should be doing this!)
TAG t-clamps
My custom kickstand
CR front brake master cylinder. Look close at this photo: I kept breaking expensive SS brake lines with the KX style where the line attaches at the front of the Master Cyl. The Hondas are toward the rear and better protected.
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Man, I gotta tell ya, looking at that last photo, my work bench, even the sharpie markings on my gas can sitting on the bench.......

I miss it all.

But guess what I still have:

The hat!! It was in my company truck on that day. I'll take a photo and show it with the new bike once it arrives. It's all good. God is good. He let me keep my wife.

:partyman: toast to the future. Happy times ahead.
Last edited by skipro3 on 11:49 pm Oct 01 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry