I find it kinda funny...

Got questions? We got answers....
Ondatrail

I find it kinda funny...

Post by Ondatrail »

I find it kind of funny that MX guys call kdx's along with xr200's and bike like that "wife bikes". Considering there's both men and women on this site wouldn't be better to just call them woods bikes? Cause thats the place those MX guys will most likely be shown up? :supz:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

Maybe It's the meds I'm on, but I don't understand any of that :blink:
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

nope not the meds! cuz same here :rolleyes:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

makes purfect sense too me
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

It's not so funny. It's more like sad. Those "MX" guys are compensating for a lack of real hair on their set. Some people can only feel good about themselves by making others look small. That's why they refer to the KDX as a wives's bike. Guys like that go out and get a "real" bike, loop it, and then wish they had stuck to their KDX. :lol:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

If these guys can ride a KDX, anyone's wife should have no trouble

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Classic KDX riders!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

and at least one of 'em even pee's standing up!

((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
grump99

Post by grump99 »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:If these guys can ride a KDX, anyone's wife should have no trouble
I almost spit out my coffee, thats hilarious. :mrgreen:
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:It's not so funny. It's more like sad. Those "MX" guys are compensating for a lack of real hair on their set. Some people can only feel good about themselves by making others look small. That's why they refer to the KDX as a wives's bike. Guys like that go out and get a "real" bike, loop it, and then wish they had stuck to their KDX. :lol:
You hit the nail on the head. I wouldn't be riding anything else :supz:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Hey, lets be fair.
The KDX does have some limitations as a woods bike- it is NOT a high speed woods bike, one can get close to its limit pretty quickly. I still wouldn't trade it for any of my buddies modified MX bikes.

The funny thing I find is that I have yet to find an MX guy who can go more than about 10 minutes in the woods before they start to resemble a ball in a pin ball machine, and it is not because of thier bike.

When it comes to woods riding, the 95/5 rule still applies, and comes into play a lot quicker.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:Hey, lets be fair.
The KDX does have some limitations as a woods bike- it is NOT a high speed woods bike, one can get close to its limit pretty quickly.

The funny thing I find is that I have yet to find an MX guy who can go more than about 10 minutes in the woods before they start to resemble a ball in a pin ball machine, and it is not because of thier bike.

When it comes to woods riding, the 95/5 rule still applies, and comes into play a lot quicker.
Agree with the forgoing. Amazing how Fredette was able to reel in the much more modern bikes with the better suspensions, motors, etc. So even when most people think they are riding their KDXs at its full potential one only needs to have a Fredette past them in the woods.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

I am still trying to find out if there is more than just one female on this site.

Help me out here.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I take it you haven't seen Wib's topless video. I must caution you though before viewing it; You asked if there were other females and not women. If a Yeti counts, then Wibs is your gal!!
Jerry

scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

:blink:
don't do it! I still have nightmares!
:lol:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Don't even ClIcK oN tHiS
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Don't even ClIcK oN tHiS
Too late.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Warned you. But ya gotta admit; with mammeries like that, it's female, right?
Jerry

MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

Hey! I'm a MX kinda guy and I own and ride a KDX-200.

But then again I've always bought what I want and don't give a rats azz about mag articles or getting into sword fights about macho bikes.
I actually had a orange rider ask me why on earth would I buy a KDX-200. I told him BECAUSE I WANTED ONE. He didn't understand.
With a lot of people it's all about image, they have to have the right bike, the right gear, and those stickers have to be place ever so perfect. They get so lost in looking cool or what others might think of them that they forget what it's all about,,,,,,FUN.
I rode with a guy not long ago that bought a new $9200.00 KTM-525, the dealer added bling. He was very pleased with his purchase, I just looked at the bike and thought of all those wasted $'s just for show.
Oooooooooh and on the trails he couldn't come close to hang'n with the lil 200 that cost less then half. I must be twisted because I found such great joy in that. :mrgreen:
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

>|<>QBB<
MXOldtimer wrote: I must be twisted because I found such great joy in that. :mrgreen:
schadenfreude - me too. It'e even more fun when you pull off your helmet exposing an old bald dude. Sometimes they can't even make eye contact after that. heh. :supz:
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.